What's new

Skynet "Skynet installation failed"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

meimeishu

New Around Here
When trying to install via amtm:
"Skynet installation failed"

With the command line:
/usr/sbin/curl -s "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS/master/firewall.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/firewall" && chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/firewall && sh /jffs/scripts/firewall install

Nothing happens.

Trying
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Adamm
00/IPSet_ASUS/master/firewall.sh

It shows:
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com... 0.0.0.0, ::
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com|0.0.0.0|:443... failed: Connection refused.
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com|::|:443... failed: Cannot assign requested address.
Retrying.

Here's the disk check:
Mar 26 22:40:20 amtm disk-check: Probing 'ext4' on device /dev/sda1
Mar 26 22:40:20 amtm disk-check: Running disk check v3.0, with command 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sda1
Mar 26 22:40:20 amtm disk-check: Disk check done on /dev/sda1
Mar 26 22:40:20 hotplug: USB ext4 fs at /dev/sda1 mounted on /tmp/mnt/routerusb
Mar 26 22:40:20 usb: USB ext4 fs at /dev/sda1 mounted on /tmp/mnt/routerusb.
Mar 26 22:40:20 kernel: EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: user_xattr
Mar 26 22:40:20 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/post-mount (args: /tmp/mnt/routerusb)
Mar 26 22:40:21 kernel: Adding 2097148k swap on /tmp/mnt/routerusb/myswap.swp. Priority:-1 extents:6 across:2260988k
Mar 26 22:40:21 Diversion: Starting Entware and Diversion services on /tmp/mnt/routerusb

Would appreciate any advice! Thanks.

When trying to install via amtm:
"Skynet installation failed"

With the command line:
/usr/sbin/curl -s "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS/master/firewall.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/firewall" && chmod 755 /jffs/scripts/firewall && sh /jffs/scripts/firewall install

Nothing happens.

Trying
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Adamm
00/IPSet_ASUS/master/firewall.sh

It shows:
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com... 0.0.0.0, ::
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com|0.0.0.0|:443... failed: Connection refused.
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com|::|:443... failed: Cannot assign requested address.
Retrying.

Here's the disk check:
Mar 26 22:40:20 amtm disk-check: Probing 'ext4' on device /dev/sda1
Mar 26 22:40:20 amtm disk-check: Running disk check v3.0, with command 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sda1
Mar 26 22:40:20 amtm disk-check: Disk check done on /dev/sda1
Mar 26 22:40:20 hotplug: USB ext4 fs at /dev/sda1 mounted on /tmp/mnt/routerusb
Mar 26 22:40:20 usb: USB ext4 fs at /dev/sda1 mounted on /tmp/mnt/routerusb.
Mar 26 22:40:20 kernel: EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: user_xattr
Mar 26 22:40:20 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/post-mount (args: /tmp/mnt/routerusb)
Mar 26 22:40:21 kernel: Adding 2097148k swap on /tmp/mnt/routerusb/myswap.swp. Priority:-1 extents:6 across:2260988k
Mar 26 22:40:21 Diversion: Starting Entware and Diversion services on /tmp/mnt/routerusb

Would appreciate any advice! Thanks.
It looks like your router did not resolving the necessary address to download the skynet installer. You may want to check your router's dns connection.

"slynet". :D

It looks like your router did not resolving the necessary address to download the skynet installer. You may want to check your router's dns connection.

OK, I should have thought of this. I'm in China where this domain is blocked and it seems if I connect directly to the router via SSH it's not routed through the router's VPN.

So,
1. either I somehow route the router through the router's VPN which I guess is not possible?
or,
2. I somehow manually download it on the desktop then install it on the router?