What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@Adamm as you know you have my full support and have asked for something like you on that thread (let's hear more voices on this topic!).

I am generally loathe to join forums, but for snbforums.com, I made an exception. I hope I don't have a reason to regret it (too).

Choice. is king. Tech makes offering choices easy. I really don't see what the drive to arbitrary limits is.

There must be others that want to support the developers to do their work as they see fit.

there have been discussions in place that will effectively kill off many of the addons that we all use on a day to day basis.

Let's not be melodramatic here. Forum management has nothing to do with the survival of a software project. Don't try to pull an Epic Game here by making this a "my users against them".

Last edited:
I like melodramatic. One things for sure, if it goes away, there won't be any new users. Problem solved?
Seems like long threads with a lot of interaction would be a managers dream instead of nightmare.

I realize I am just a peon, and you guys are the best in the world at what you do. I do have a voice, though.

Attention Skynet Users!

@Adamm - thank you for all you do for us users, and Skynet is just one of the more visible things. If you choose to leave I'll frequent that forum. Having you and Skynet here is a big plus value-add to the Asus sphere. Thank you.

Attention Skynet Users!

Unfortunately the future of Skynet is in doubt. As you may or may not be aware, there have been discussions in place that will effectively kill off many of the addons that we all use on a day to day basis. If you use Skynet or any other script let your opinion be known here.

Assuming these changes go ahead on November 1st, the future of Skynet will go in one of two directions;

1) We will be moving to a more inclusive platform (Whirlpool or LTT Forums being strong candidates, but I'm open to suggestions)
2) The project (along with all the others I am involved in) will be ended all-together and no longer receive any updates/support.

I have not decided on which coarse of action will be taken as the whole situation has been quite demotivating and a bit of a slap in the face. But I still have hope that cooler heads will prevail and this decision will be reversed and we can all get on with building the community rather then trying to tear it down.

So I ask all users let your opinions be head, as individuals we can be ignored but as a community we have a voice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whirlpool. +1:)

Let's not be melodramatic here. Forum management has nothing to do with the survival of a software project. Don't try to pull an Epic Game here by making this a "my users against them".

That's what it looks like on first glance, and you are correct that claiming addons will die because of thread management is far-fetched. But, now that I've actually had some time to read through that other thread, I can sympathize with the you vs us mentality.

The other thread looks, on first glance, like it will respect feedback. But it effectively didn't.

That's what it looks like on first glance, and you are correct that claiming addons will die because of thread management is far-fetched. But, now that I've actually had some time to read through that other thread, I can sympathize with the you vs us mentality.

The other thread looks, on first glance, like it will respect feedback. But it effectively didn't.
That is the main problem I see here...

Regarding the forum change, I was hoping the members would have found a solution/compromise. Isn't that the better way? That's why I stayed out of these discussions, and let the big people talk.
I'm just thankful that I followed RMerlin to this forum, and learned all the things I didn't know existed (scripts) for my router. RMerlin and all the script writers and contributors are what make this a "special" place.
I don't mind change and adapting to new, if that is what it takes.

Last edited:
The software is what I care about. Which site/forum it is supported on is irrelevant, makes no difference to me. As long as I can easily find the information I need somewhere.

You write as if other forums are equivalent to snbforums.com. :)

As a side note, as of two days ago, Skynet has been blocking access to my Shopify store. It's never been an issue in the past up until 2 days ago. Im not sure what happened as I certainly didn't touch anything lol. I tested by temporarily disabling Skynet and everything worked again. I also tried whitelisting Shopify.com but it didn't help so I still have it disabled for now. Any idea where I can look? Thanks again :)

As a side note, as of two days ago, Skynet has been blocking access to my Shopify store. It's never been an issue in the past up until 2 days ago. Im not sure what happened as I certainly didn't touch anything lol. I tested by temporarily disabling Skynet and everything worked again. I also tried whitelisting Shopify.com but it didn't help so I still have it disabled for now. Any idea where I can look? Thanks again :)

Help! - Application.exe or Website.com Is Blocked;

Don't worry, tracking down false positive bans was at the core of design. Generally speaking you can follow these steps to find (and whitelist) anything incorrectly on your Blacklist!

1.) Enable Logging
Code:
firewall settings logmode enable

2.) Open the blocked application/website and use the command;

Code:
firewall debug watch

Now look for a flood of [BLOCKED - OUTBOUND] coming from the same IP. This most likely will be the IP you are looking for if its being spammed in large numbers.

3.) Copy the IP following "DST=" it should look something like this;
Code:
DST=175.115.37.52

4.) Double check the IP is not actually something that should be banned, use a search tool like alienvault. If its related to a domain additional "Associated Domain" information should be printed beneath the log.

Code:
https://otx.alienvault.com/indicator/ip/175.115.37.52/

5.) Great we have confirmed we found the IP of the blocked website/application we are looking for, lets whitelist it!

Code:
firewall whitelist ip 175.115.37.52

That did it bro! Thank you !! The domains being blocked were shops.myshopify.com and wc.shopify.com. Not sure why they got blocked all of a sudden when they were fine for months but Im happy everything is back to normal. Skynet for life!

it's very hard for us to meet in this incredible forum from all around the planet earth. So please stick together in here with all costs.Glad to meet both of you as you guys are handy and kind creatures in here.Pls DO CHERISH SUCH AN AWESOME FORUM.Alright,I'm muted, lol.:eek:

it's very hard for us to meet in this incredible forum from all around the planet earth. So please stick together in here with all costs.Glad to meet both of you as you guys are handy and kind creatures in here.Pls DO CHERISH SUCH AN AWESOME FORUM.Alright,I'm muted, lol.:eek:
Thanks, though I'm not directly one that you wrote the praise for. You can bet that @Adamm and I and some others are looking into how we can continue on this board in a reasonable acceptable way for us.

Hey guys, has something changed in Skynet recently behind the scenes ? Recently I noticed that a lot of sites that I had no trouble accessing were all of s sudden blocked and Im having to go in and whitelisting them one by one.

Hey guys, has something changed in Skynet recently behind the scenes ? Recently I noticed that a lot of sites that I had no trouble accessing were all of s sudden blocked and Im having to go in and whitelisting them one by one.
The public lists change all the time, and I’ve also noticed more outbound blocks for v0cdn.net (I think) that required whitelisting.

Skynet itself doesn’t change too often.