What's new

Some one there to help ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bapu65

New Around Here
hI -- i m pretty new to the networking community and need some help wit the following problem (hope some is out there who is better than me :)):

I m living in dubai, have a "home network" in my house. Internet provided through a router (unknown manufacturer, prvodied by "du" company), have a hub / switch at one of the wall outlets and have a WD live Book NAS connected, my MAC, and two WD live TV sets (in two different rooms). MAC and one TV set conencted throught he wall access points, 1 tv set and NAS directly to the swtich / hub. Problem: On the MAC extremly slow transfer rates when copying / movin files from the MAC to the NAS, one TV set does n t find the NAS at all.
I m at teh end of swapping cables etc, completly frustrated as I can t get the second set to work and it takes hours to copy a movie to the NAS.:confused:

Funny thing: All worked fine with an Iomega NAS (whcih unforunantly "died") untill a couple of weeks ago.:eek:

Anyone who has an idea -- I m greatly thankfull:D

Cheers
Bapu

Are you using WD Live NAS or Personal Cloud 1TB, 2TB or 3TB. Reads are higher than the Writes on these units.