What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - Automated speedtests with graphs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

can you try running below in browser console while on the spdmerlin page?
Code:
moment.unix(1593157968).local().format('YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss')

use connmon

ookla servers dont all support latency testing - it would be a nightmare trying to support that

would it be feasible for spdmerlin to grab connmon's ping data, collected during the speed test, so it can be displayed with the UL/DL speeds (on spdmerlink webpage). Maybe increase ping rate during speed test. it would be very useful and convenient so see the data together in a single table! :)

so to just clear things for me up is this script to just get an speedtest on the router ?

Custom Server ID per VPN Interface?

It turned out it's better I set a custom server ID for the VPN interfaces too.

Did I miss this option in the script menu?

Or I just modify the script itself.

Any advice is helpful.

Thank you!

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Asus RT-AC86U & Merlin 384.17

Just realised after an automated reboot, the Add on tab was missing.

Had to uninstall and reinstall spdMerlin script to get it back.

Just wanted to see if this was normal behaviour?

Last edited:
It would be nice, and it may be available, to know from the GUI which servers were used in the speed test when selecting random servers instead of preferred.
Sometimes it gets a really slow one and seems like it would be advantageous to know which one it is. Again, if this is already available, please excuse my ignorance.

[mention]Jack Yaz [/mention] would it be possible to add the names of the VPN provider and server being used under the stats portion in WebUI (VNC1)? This data could be very useful to determine what particular servers are yielding better speeds to those who:

1. Use different VPN providers.

2. Have NordVPN manager installed (or not) and frequently switch to different servers at random or according to a schedule.

For example, if you are using NordVPN (and/or have NVPN manager installed), you could have something like this showing in the spdMerlin stats section of WebUI:

Code:
 NordVPN—US3038—Time—Download(Mbps)—Upload(Mbps)

And if you ever consider looking at the ping data in the future, you could consider adding that there too:

Code:
 NordVPN—US3038—Time—Download(Mbps)—Upload(Mbps)—Latency(ms)

Thank you for considering and have a good day!

Marin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed that when you change your routers username all cronjobs are gone. I had to manually disable and re-enable automated speedtests although they displayed as enabled in the menu. This also happened to connmon which I only had to start and the cronjob was back.

Great script, use it for quite some time now! However a while ago the GUI changed from a separate upload/download graph to a combined one and that doesn't work out well with synchrone connections... A have a basic 150/150 mbit fiber at home but the graph became close to unreadable. Separate graphs or a configuration to use separate or combined would greatly improve readability on synchrone connections.

HgjUInG.png

Great script, use it for quite some time now! However a while ago the GUI changed from a separate upload/download graph to a combined one and that doesn't work out well with synchrone connections... A have a basic 150/150 mbit fiber at home but the graph became close to unreadable. Separate graphs or a configuration to use separate or combined would greatly improve readability on synchrone connections.

HgjUInG.png
click the legend :)

Hello, after a problem with my USB key, I had to format a new one and redo a swap and Entware file. I have a problem with SPDMerlin which no longer works and when I try to reinstall it I have this message:

spdMerlin: Lock file found (age: 324 seconds) - stopping to prevent duplicate runs. ( log file)

With terminal :

thor @ RT-AX88U-8628: / tmp / home / root # / usr / sbin / curl --retry 3 "https: //raw.githubu
sercontent.com/jackyaz/spdMerlin/master/spdmerlin.sh "-o" / jffs / scripts / spdmerli
n "&& chmod 0755 / jffs / scripts / spdmerlin && / jffs / scripts / spdmerlin install
% Total% Received% Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 63428 100 63428 0 0 201k 0 -: -: - -: -: - -: -: - 210k
spdMerlin: Stale lock file found (> 600 seconds old) - purging lock

spdMerlin: Welcome to spdMerlin v3.6.1, a script by JackYaz

spdMerlin: Checking your router meets the requirements for spdMerlin

spdMerlin: Installing required packages from Entware

Downloading http://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in / opt / var / opkg-lists / entware
Package sqlite3-cli (3320100-1) installed in root is up to date.
Package jq (1.6-1) installed in root is up to date.
Package p7zip (16.02-3) installed in root is up to date.
/ jffs / scripts / spdmerlin: line 2033: can't create /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/.interfaces: nonexistent directory
/ jffs / scripts / spdmerlin: line 2033: can't create /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/.interfaces: nonexistent directory
touch: /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/.interfaces_user: No such file or directory
/ jffs / scripts / spdmerlin: line 2033: can't open /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/.interfaces: no such file
/ jffs / scripts / spdmerlin: line 2033: can't open /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/.interfaces_user: no such file
[: bad number
sed: /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/.interfaces_user: No such file or directory

What should I do ? :( Thank you !

I also had this message but not after a reinstall. It basically means there is a lockfile in a temp folder that prevents spdmerlin from running because this file should only exists when the script is performing a speedtest. Which firmware are you using? For me a hard reboot solved this. A reboot from the GUI wasn't actually rebooting the system according the the boottime info.
It also looks like the the entware or spdmerlin install was not correct since the router can't find a directory in which some script files should be located.

Last edited:
Hello, after a problem with my USB key, I had to format a new one and redo a swap and Entware file. I have a problem with SPDMerlin which no longer works and when I try to reinstall it I have this message:

spdMerlin: Lock file found (age: 324 seconds) - stopping to prevent duplicate runs. ( log file)

With terminal :

thor @ RT-AX88U-8628: / tmp / home / root # / usr / sbin / curl --retry 3 "https: //raw.githubu
sercontent.com/jackyaz/spdMerlin/master/spdmerlin.sh "-o" / jffs / scripts / spdmerli
n "&& chmod 0755 / jffs / scripts / spdmerlin && / jffs / scripts / spdmerlin install
% Total% Received% Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 63428 100 63428 0 0 201k 0 -: -: - -: -: - -: -: - 210k
spdMerlin: Stale lock file found (> 600 seconds old) - purging lock

spdMerlin: Welcome to spdMerlin v3.6.1, a script by JackYaz

spdMerlin: Checking your router meets the requirements for spdMerlin

spdMerlin: Installing required packages from Entware

Downloading http://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in / opt / var / opkg-lists / entware
Package sqlite3-cli (3320100-1) installed in root is up to date.
Package jq (1.6-1) installed in root is up to date.
Package p7zip (16.02-3) installed in root is up to date.
touch: /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/.interfaces_user: No such file or directory
/ jffs / scripts / spdmerlin: line 2033: can't open /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/.interfaces: no such file
/ jffs / scripts / spdmerlin: line 2033: can't open /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/.interfaces_user: no such file

What should I do ? :( Thank you !
try temporarily deleting your config file in /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d and reinstalling

Last edited:
I also had this message but not after a reinstall. It basically means there is a lockfile in a temp folder that prevents spdmerlin from running because this file should only exists when the script is performing a speedtest. Which firmware are you using? For me a hard reboot solved this. A reboot from the GUI wasn't actually rebooting the system according the the boottime info.
It also looks like the the entware or spdmerlin install was not correct since the router can't find a directory in which some script files should be located.

hi, i'm under the latest merlin version: 384_18. it is true that I did not restart the router with the physical button but only via the GUI. I'm going to try. thank you

hi, i'm under the latest merlin version: 384_18. it is true that I did not restart the router with the physical button but only via the GUI. I'm going to try. thank you
Just delete the lock file in the temp folder.

Location you will find in script file at the very beginning, if I remember correctly.

Just delete the lock file in the temp folder.

Location you will find in script file at the very beginning, if I remember correctly.

hello, I tried by deleting the file /tmp/spdmerlin.lock and /jffs /scripts /spdmerlin, I restarted the router with the button but as soon as I reinstall Spdmerlin via AMTM or via the command, always the same problem . :(