What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - v4.x - speedtest and bandwidth monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Might be on to something there....didn't see any updates but when forced it looks as though it did.
View attachment 27905
I believe that’s always the output but I’m not sure.
You can always do it through opkg and force options on individual packages.

Something like this should force an update like “uf” in AMTM
Code:
opkg update && opkg upgrade --force-reinstall

Perhaps a small issue. When I ran this in UI mode manually, it recorded the upload size in the download section, and nothing for download (which was 1.4GB).

1606167663773.png

can you check how it's recorded in the db itself? this might be the function that parses the db to arrays for the table going a bit wrong
Code:
sqlite3 /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/spdstats.db
.headers on
select * from spdstats_WAN order by Timestamp desc limit 10;
looks good in db

1606169705239.png

wondering if you'd be interested in letting me connect in with teamviewer or something to poke around. it's bugging me that this isn't working for you
Message sent...check DM

So...did the same stuff on my main router, and it does the same. Loads fine initially, chose option a) AutoBW, then back and get "grep: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/config: No such file or directory" scattered throughout.

So...did the same stuff on my main router, and it does the same. Loads fine initially, chose option a) AutoBW, then back and get "grep: /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/config: No such file or directory" scattered throughout.
@RMerlin are you aware of anything in 386 from Asus that would meddle with any files named "config" in jffs? We've got this solved (for now) by moving the config etc. to USB. even manually creating an empty file named config would see it disappear right before our eyes after a couple of seconds!

@RMerlin are you aware of anything in 386 from Asus that would meddle with any files named "config" in jffs? We've got this solved (for now) by moving the config etc. to USB. even manually creating an empty file named config would see it disappear right before our eyes after a couple of seconds!

If it disappears after a few seconds then that would be from their new security daemon. Which is odd since it shouldn't be messing with the addons sub-directory AFAIK, unless they forgot to exclude it.

If it disappears after a few seconds then that would be from their new security daemon. Which is odd since it shouldn't be messing with the addons sub-directory AFAIK, unless they forgot to exclude it.
Does it work searching for certain keyword names like config? "Newfile" was created and its still there.
1606181665385.png

@juched @Slawek P develop has an improvement if data used is in the GB range. I can't test this since my paltry 550Mbps doesn't use over 1GB, so feedback required! The script checks if the data used is reported as GB and stores the value multiplied by 1024

Well, it displays now, but doesn't show the real size.

1606186452044.png

1606186501607.png

Edit: played around with the AWK, think you want this:

1606187058046.png

Last edited:
@juched @Slawek P develop has an improvement if data used is in the GB range. I can't test this since my paltry 550Mbps doesn't use over 1GB, so feedback required! The script checks if the data used is reported as GB and stores the value multiplied by 1024
Morning. Not quite there yet. This is what I have got on develop 4.0.1, recent changes do not play well together.
Data used still does not appear in gigabytes, but packet loss info now disappears. Tried both with and without result url storing.
speed.png

Morning. Not quite there yet. This is what I have got on develop 4.0.1, recent changes do not play well together.
Data used still does not appear in gigabytes, but packet loss info now disappears. Tried both with and without result url storing.
View attachment 27926
Packet loss is server dependent... If you're using auto select there's a chance it will use one that doesn't support it.

The packet loss question is annoying me already. This is what I get for bowing to user requests :(