What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - v4.x - speedtest and bandwidth monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Go back into spdMerlin via amtm and try running 'uf' and 'u' again.
Ran both commands - and I got

uf -
<green text> spdMerlin: Downloading latest version (v4.1.1) of spdMerlin

u -
<yellow text> spdMerlin: No new version - latest is v4.1.1

same result, ran Speedtest both in CLI and GUI, not data to display and the CSVs are all 0 byte files

Ran both commands - and I got

uf -
<green text> spdMerlin: Downloading latest version (v4.1.1) of spdMerlin

u -
<yellow text> spdMerlin: No new version - latest is v4.1.1

same result, ran Speedtest both in CLI and GUI, not data to display and the CSVs are all 0 byte files
are the tests completing successfully?

are the tests completing successfully?
Yes, they are completing as expected, with valid results.

Here are the last few lines from the SysLog:
an 8 22:12:02 spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using Spectrum (Los Angeles, CA, United States) for WAN interface
Jan 8 22:12:23 spdMerlin: Speedtest results - Download: 176.75 Mbps (data used: 189.2 MB) - Upload: 22.06 Mbps (data used: 18.2 MB)
Jan 8 22:12:23 spdMerlin: Connection quality - Latency: 12.65 ms (0.54 ms jitter) - Packet Loss: Not available.
Jan 8 23:12:02 spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using Spectrum (Los Angeles, CA, United States) for WAN interface
Jan 8 23:12:25 spdMerlin: Speedtest results - Download: 204.77 Mbps (data used: 272.4 MB) - Upload: 22.61 Mbps (data used: 18.9 MB)
Jan 8 23:12:25 spdMerlin: Connection quality - Latency: 12.38 ms (2.07 ms jitter) - Packet Loss: Not available.

Yes, they are completing as expected, with valid results.

Here are the last few lines from the SysLog:
an 8 22:12:02 spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using Spectrum (Los Angeles, CA, United States) for WAN interface
Jan 8 22:12:23 spdMerlin: Speedtest results - Download: 176.75 Mbps (data used: 189.2 MB) - Upload: 22.06 Mbps (data used: 18.2 MB)
Jan 8 22:12:23 spdMerlin: Connection quality - Latency: 12.65 ms (0.54 ms jitter) - Packet Loss: Not available.
Jan 8 23:12:02 spdMerlin: Starting speedtest using Spectrum (Los Angeles, CA, United States) for WAN interface
Jan 8 23:12:25 spdMerlin: Speedtest results - Download: 204.77 Mbps (data used: 272.4 MB) - Upload: 22.61 Mbps (data used: 18.9 MB)
Jan 8 23:12:25 spdMerlin: Connection quality - Latency: 12.38 ms (2.07 ms jitter) - Packet Loss: Not available.
Ok, and no errors in the console whatsoever?

Can you check when the database file was last modified please?

Ok, and no errors in the console whatsoever?

Can you check when the database file was last modified please?
Console is pretty clean.
1610180468330.png

I don't see a db file - here are the contents of /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d
1610181578280.png

What do you see in /opt/share/spdmerlin.d?

I wonder if there's a bug with the table renaming I did in a recent version
I see a db file there, but dated from a few days ago:
1610182195440.png

When I look at the /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/csv folder, all the files have a current date - but all 0 byte files:
1610182332035.png

Hello, don't want to sound petty, but why is there no nice icon for the Addons tab on the GUI ? My OCD says there should be one :)

can you run the below and let me know the output please?
Code:
sqlite3 /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/spdstats.db
PRAGMA table_info(spdstats_WAN);
Ctrl-D will get you out of the sqlite prompt afterwards

Here you go @Jack Yaz :

0|StatID|INTEGER|1||1
1|Timestamp|NUMERIC|1||0
2|Download|REAL|1||0
3|Upload|REAL|1||0
4|Latency|REAL|0||0
5|Jitter|REAL|0||0
6|PktLoss|REAL|0||0
7|DataDownload|REAL|1||0
8|DataUpload|REAL|1||0

1610230834873.png

sorry. please run
Code:
rm /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/tableupgraded2_*
rm /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/tableupgraded2_*
and then launch spdmerlin. Try a speedtest and let me know if the csvs populate

I assume you mean the following code:

Code:
rm /jffs/addons/spdmerlin.d/.tableupgraded2_*
rm /opt/share/spdmerlin.d/.tableupgraded2_*

I just ran those commands and ran the speedtest. I now have a single data point on the graph. I also ran it from the GUI as well and it looks like it too is recording. It appears that this has fixed this issue.

Hello everyone, what am I doing wrong:
Asus AX88U - fw. Merlin 384.19 with spdmerlin-v4.11
local ISP fiber 900/150 Mbps
notebook wifi (connected to AX88U) test by browser www : 800/150 Mbps Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
AX88U by spdmerlin : 316/148 Mbps Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Apps analisys - OFF
Each time the speeds are at least half lower. I have no idea, the cores are not overloaded - from unusual ISP settings MTU : 1480 .

Hello everyone, what am I doing wrong:
Asus AX88U - fw. Merlin 384.19 with spdmerlin-v4.11
local ISP fiber 900/150 Mbps
notebook wifi (connected to AX88U) test by browser www : 800/150 Mbps Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
AX88U by spdmerlin : 316/148 Mbps Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Appa analisys - OFF
Each time the speeds are at least half lower. I have no idea, the cores are not overloaded - from unusual ISP settings MTU : 1480 .
try withdrawing from TrendMicro completely. I've seen some chatter that this makes a difference even if you've turned off all TrendMicro features

try withdrawing from TrendMicro completely. I've seen some chatter that this makes a difference even if you've turned off all TrendMicro features
Thanks for the advice but unfortunately nothing has changed still (normally I don't use TrendMicro features but I turned it on and off for a moment) :

Bandwidth - Download: 315.42 Mbps (data used: 162.4 MB) - Upload: 142.38 Mbps (data used: 239.1 MB)
Quality - Latency: 2.59 ms (0.70 ms jitter) - Packet Loss: 0.0%

I have tried several times uninstall spdMerlin / force update by amtm same problem :( . How can I completely remove spdMerlin and install it from "zero/null" because maybe there is something wrong stay ?

Ketchup, did you go to the Privacy tab on the Administration page and withdraw from the agreement as well as turning on and off the features? That's what they mean by withdrawing completely.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!