What's new

spdMerlin spdMerlin - v4.x - speedtest and bandwidth monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ketchup, did you go to the Privacy tab on the Administration page and withdraw from the agreement as well as turning on and off the features? That's what they mean by withdrawing completely.
Thank you for your advice it worked. :
3e8d4e3f-417b-4db7-9a08-ce21fee528c0.png
But why ? I don't see logic in this situation :( . TrendMicro options do not affect to results from PC connected to same router.

Last edited:
As long as it works, what does logic have to do with it? :p

As long as it works, what does logic have to do with it? :p
By the way, when I turned off these permissions, I had to restart the router because the wifi network slowed me down to 350 Mbps. After reboot, the readings from the router and wifi are similar. Another mystery :). I wonder if official firmware ver. 386 also has a similar problem ?

10745151850.png

Installed merlin recently and got everything setup for spdMerlin. However, when I run the speedtest, it get a not found message after accepting the license agreement. tried updating the app but it says everything updated. Any clues?
1610589483990.png

I am new to the forum I recently upgraded from an RT-AC68U to an RT-AX86U running Merlin 386.1 Beta 4. I installed Flex QOS v1.1.0 and spdMerlin v4.1.1 both seem to have installed without errror I am able to see spdMerlin under addons in the webgui but when I hit the run speedtest button nothing happens additionally, I can change settings and hit the save button and while it goes through the motions of applying settings it is not actually saving any settings as it reverts back to spdMerlin defaults. I have tried with both Firefox and Edge Browser and still no joy. I was hoping that by using FlexQOS and spdMerlin I could help mitigate the horrendous bufferbloat I am currently seeing i.e C-D and occasionally a B on speedtests via dslreports.com any suggestions on how I should proceed are most welcome.

I am new to the forum I recently upgraded from an RT-AC68U to an RT-AX86U running Merlin 386.1 Beta 4. I installed Flex QOS v1.1.0 and spdMerlin v4.1.1 both seem to have installed without errror I am able to see spdMerlin under addons in the webgui but when I hit the run speedtest button nothing happens additionally, I can change settings and hit the save button and while it goes through the motions of applying settings it is not actually saving any settings as it reverts back to spdMerlin defaults. I have tried with both Firefox and Edge Browser and still no joy. I was hoping that by using FlexQOS and spdMerlin I could help mitigate the horrendous bufferbloat I am currently seeing i.e C-D and occasionally a B on speedtests via dslreports.com any suggestions on how I should proceed are most welcome.
I figured out what I did wrong I didn't run the initial clispeedtest when installing I chose option 2 to run it later went back in using amtm ran it now everything is working as it should

Hello everyone, what am I doing wrong:
Asus AX88U - fw. Merlin 384.19 with spdmerlin-v4.11
local ISP fiber 900/150 Mbps
notebook wifi (connected to AX88U) test by browser www : 800/150 Mbps Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
AX88U by spdmerlin : 316/148 Mbps Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test
QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Apps analisys - OFF
Each time the speeds are at least half lower. I have no idea, the cores are not overloaded - from unusual ISP settings MTU : 1480 .
Same issue here. The solution was withdrawing from TrendMicro completely. After withdrawing I've tried to activate each feature at a time but the issue keeps once I activated just one of them (e.g., AiProtection).

Hi!
I am running spdmerlin v4.1.1 addon on my Asus RT-AC3200 (Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13_10)
connected to my 200 Mbits download line from modem Thomson DCM-475

This nice tool show me the attached graphs
which permit me to notice a large amount of packet loss

My question is not directly related to this addon
but is raised because of it. Thanks:

Should I care ?
Is it usually caused by the router or the modem ?

Any help/hints/suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks in advance,
ItiBi

Attachments

• spdmerlin-3.png
    spdmerlin-3.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 127
  • spdmerlin-2.png
    spdmerlin-2.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 94
  • spdmerlin-1.png
    spdmerlin-1.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 132
Ok,
I am now connected to my windows 10 computer connected directly to the router (no wifi involved)
and did the following commands in a cmd window:

ping www.yahoo.com -f -l 1492 and have fragmentation on that value

... continue testing with different values until I didn't get any fragmentation

The correct value is 1472; so after adding 28, I got an optimal MTU value of 1500

My router's current MTU value is 1500 so it is already configured to that optimal value.

Any idea what can explain my packet loss ?

Thanks

Attachments

• merlin-wan config.png
    merlin-wan config.png
    346.2 KB · Views: 77
Is it the correct thread to ask this question ?

sorry, but I am a fresh member to this community.

If your side of the network is set up correctly, and it seems it is, then the issue is with your ISP or their equipment.

Thanks to both of you for your support.

I just contact my ISP to have them replace my modem Thomson DCM-475
they are sending me a newer Thomson TC4400

I will give you a followup in a couple of days
Thanks again

Hi!
Yesterday afternoon, wednesday January 27, I received my new Thomson/Technicolor TC4400 modem,
I installed it and give it a try.

Here are the results: No more packet loss :)

A graph is worth a thousand words. Isn't it ?

Now, should I care about Latency/Jitter values ?

Thanks for your help, you are the greatest... ;)
ItiBi

Attachments

• spdmerlin1.png
    spdmerlin1.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 106
  • spdmerlin2.png
    spdmerlin2.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 106
  • spdmerlin3.png
    spdmerlin3.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 120
  • spdmerlin4.png
    spdmerlin4.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 105
  • spdmerlin5.png
    spdmerlin5.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 115
The Latency/Jitter values seem normal to me for a modem connected ISP service.

I'm sure you may be able to get some slight improvements from your ISP, which will not be noticeable, but nothing like the upgrade you got by swapping the modems though. :)

I would leave this as-is. Thanks for the report!

I noticed today, right after i updated my AX86U to the final 386.1 firmware from Merlin that the Add-Ons webUI tab is not there anymore... and i can't access spdMerlin, any suggestion? I tried update and force update, and it did nothing to the webui? Everything else is fine... i am worried if i uninstall and then re-install it might fix it, but i will lose my gathered data, right?

Last edited:
384.1?

Did you try a force re-install 'uf'?

Did you reboot the router and wait at least 15 minutes?

Did you wait up to an hour or more so that the background database upkeep completed first?

This seems to be a growing issue with Add-ons and firmware upgrades.
Try this - reboot the router - don't log into the WebUI for at least 5 minutes after its back up.
See if the Addons re-appear after the wait.

They didn't, even after like 5 hours... router was working flawless... i had to remove connmon and spdmerlin, and re-install them to get the user3.asp page re-generated again. Thx that the removal process of those 2 addons, ask you if you want to keep or remove your personal data/config (which i did) so it took like 5min to fix...

386.1?

Did you try a force re-install 'uf'?

Did you reboot the router and wait at least 15 minutes?

Did you wait up to an hour or more so that the background database upkeep completed first?
Yes i did a re-install uf... solved nothing, yes i did wait 15min, and yes after 8h still had the problem, was solved with a re-install of both connmon and spdmerlin... never had this problem before.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!