State of QoS

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

dahyippur

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys, I've been away for a while, the forum has a new look! Whats new with QoS and codel these days? I see FreshJR is taking a break.

I have an ac68u on 300/300 fiber. Any minor download causes my ping to climb to the moon in one particular program. Any advice on mitigating this sort of thing would be appreciated

L&LD

Part of the Furniture

Treadler

Very Senior Member
Hey guys, I've been away for a while, the forum has a new look! Whats new with QoS and codel these days? I see FreshJR is taking a break.

I have an ac68u on 300/300 fiber. Any minor download causes my ping to climb to the moon in one particular program. Any advice on mitigating this sort of thing would be appreciated

FlexQos +1.
Its ‘develop’ branch gives fqcodel option as well. Working very well here.....

dahyippur

Occasional Visitor
So I updated to 386.1 today and installed FlexQoS as described over here. Set my upload and download to about 85% of fullpower but speedtests do not reflect these limits, I still get uncapped speeds on dslreports.

Is this normal?
Also its fine to disable ssh but leave on custom scripts after installing this right?

dahyippur

Occasional Visitor
Ok, I toggled development branch and the limits are now working. Holy moly fq_codel is performing well