What's new

State of QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dahyippur

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys, I've been away for a while, the forum has a new look! Whats new with QoS and codel these days? I see FreshJR is taking a break.

I have an ac68u on 300/300 fiber. Any minor download causes my ping to climb to the moon in one particular program. Any advice on mitigating this sort of thing would be appreciated

Hey guys, I've been away for a while, the forum has a new look! Whats new with QoS and codel these days? I see FreshJR is taking a break.

I have an ac68u on 300/300 fiber. Any minor download causes my ping to climb to the moon in one particular program. Any advice on mitigating this sort of thing would be appreciated

FlexQos +1.
Its ‘develop’ branch gives fqcodel option as well. Working very well here.....

So I updated to 386.1 today and installed FlexQoS as described over here. Set my upload and download to about 85% of fullpower but speedtests do not reflect these limits, I still get uncapped speeds on dslreports.

Is this normal?
Also its fine to disable ssh but leave on custom scripts after installing this right?

Ok, I toggled development branch and the limits are now working. Holy moly fq_codel is performing well