What's new

Strict NAT and Asuswrt-Merlin LTS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OK. Slightly confused but I think I've fixed it, and what I did makes little sense to me:

• Turned off Windows firewall, ran game, connected fine
  • Check UPnP via UPnP Wizard - now shows an Atomega entry (new)
  • Turned Windows Firewall back on - it still works
  • (implying its nothing to do with the router after all)

I need to see if this persists over time and if I can repeat this on my Son's PC so we can play together, that's the next set of steps.

However neither of the methods/tools @ColinTaylor mentions above show these ports or Atomega... (in fact it only shows Minecraft and confusingly not for the (static) IP of the machine
Use UPnP Wizard to test whether you can create a port from your PC using UPnP when the Windows Firewall is enabled.

Untitled.png

I can create it seems.

Also I've tested a Atomega a bit more and To play it I have to toggle the firewall each session of play to recreate the UDP entries as they disappear.

Also I've tested a Atomega a bit more and To play it I have to toggle the firewall each session of play to recreate the UDP entries as they disappear.
So this is a Windows issue. Make sure your PC's network connection is configured as a "Home" or "Private" network, and not "Public".

Then uninstall and reinstall the game. During the installation process games typically ask you for permission to make changes to the Windows Firewall. You must allow this otherwise you will experience the problem you are seeing.

Long story short, played with a lot of settings, couldn't get consistent/sensible results.... ended up re-installing Windows 10 and now everything is fine. Go figure. Anyway, sorted now. Thanks for you help!