What's new

Syslog by email

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ychauhan4u

Occasional Visitor
How can i send syslog by email at interval of 3 hours from my Asus router with Merlin firmware?

Last edited:
How can i send syslog by email at interval of 3 hours from my Asus router with Merlin firmware?

Not sure of the benefits of doing so?

i.e. if you have a SYSLOG server available, then simply forward the Router's syslog to it.

However if you still want to email the syslog then the Wiki

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki

should give you examples for email/cron etc. and you can search this forum for examples of writing multiple generations of syslog to a USB drive....

e.g.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/system-log-saved-every-day-hour-on-external-disk.14777/

then invoke the email script.

I have already setup email notification with that guide, but it only give you basic info like when your router restarted, WAN ip address etc.
I need hourly emails with sys logs (general logs/wireless logs/ DHCP Leases) from my parents router which i setup, so that i know if all devices are working fine connected to, and router is up and there is no power failure.
I don't want to save to USB device.

Be aware that this will momentarily hog CPU on your parents' router, so schedule it off-hours or your monitoring could cause problems by itself.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Be aware that this will momentarily hog CPU on your parents' router, so schedule it off-hours or your monitoring could cause problems by itself.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Ok, I understand, but how can I setup to get basic logs info like wireless & dhcp logs by email say at interval of 3 hours?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk