What's new

Temp AX88U Pro, Ideas to improve router temperature.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

azagramac

Regular Contributor
I have these temperatures, how do you see it, some peak of 60º of CPU, but much more stable than the AX58U, that if that if it is hot... I rarely see it below 60º, and with peaks of 75/80º.
Anyway, summer is coming, and I'm thinking about a laptop base with fans.
1686916674200.png

and that's how I have it.
1686916696160.png

There is a tradeoff between cooling router with airflow and increasing dust inside.

That looks fine. No need for any extra cooling. My RT-AX86U runs 10 degrees hotter than that. My RT-AC68U ran with peaks of 55/60/90 for many years.

There is a tradeoff between cooling router with airflow and increasing dust inside.
Fans will fill electronics with dust which is self-defeating thermally. That's why I keep mine on top of air-filters (and change the filter every now and then).

Last edited:
1688968910328.png

Because of the current summer temperatures, the router was close to 80º, I bought a Noctua fan (of course), and I made a modification to the IKEA KALLAX furniture, to fit the fan, in another improvement (it doesn't allow me to put more photos), I put a dust filter.

The fan connection, goes to the NanoPi Neo3 board, which with a python script, controls the temperature of the router, I have to say that the data I get from the router, is done by ssh connection from the nanopi, with a cron every 2h, it informs me via telegram of the temperatures, in the latest version of the firmware Stock, there is no temperature monitor.

As you can see, very good.
1688968952154.png
1688968965629.png
1688968990737.png
1688969051973.png

Fans will fill electronics with dust which is self-defeating thermally. That's why I keep mine on top of air-filters (and change the filter every now and then).
Great idea but doesnt that block the clean air from flowing into the room?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!