What's new

[Test build] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.65 alpha builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which tor file? compile, config, makefile, etc?
It's easy to upgrade Tor in the Asus firmware. Just delete the old Asus Tor folder and unpack the latest from torproject.org. No additional code modifications are necessary.
Code:
cd
curl -L -O https://www.torproject.org/dist/tor-0.2.9.8.tar.gz
cd ~/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router
rm -rf tor
tar xzvf ~/tor-0.2.9.8.tar.gz
mv tor-0.2.9.8 tor

Here's the place in the Asus makefile where Tor gets configured and compiled into the firmware.
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/blob/master/release/src/router/Makefile#L2688

Not sure if is 380.65 issue, but after a few days the QoS Statistics are reset!
Is anyone else having same behaviour?

Anything that causes the Linux kernel to reconfigure its traffic classifier will clear the stats. There's no way around it, those stats aren't written anywhere, they are read directly from the kernel at display time.

It's easy to upgrade Tor in the Asus firmware. Just delete the old Asus Tor folder and unpack the latest from torproject.org. No additional code modifications are necessary.
Code:
cd
curl -L -O https://www.torproject.org/dist/tor-0.2.9.8.tar.gz
cd ~/asuswrt-merlin/release/src/router
rm -rf tor
tar xzvf ~/tor-0.2.9.8.tar.gz
mv tor-0.2.9.8 tor

Here's the place in the Asus makefile where Tor gets configured and compiled into the firmware.
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/blob/master/release/src/router/Makefile#L2688

Not always so simple, as 0.2.9.x required changes to the parent Makefile. There are also a few configuration parameters that are obsoleted by it, and must be changed in rc/services.c.

Here's the configure rule that's causing the error:
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/blob/master/release/src/router/tor/configure.ac#L173

AND, my cross-compiling toolchain appears to be setup correctly:
Code:
$ which arm-linux-ar
/opt/brcm-arm/bin/arm-linux-ar

My toolchain does not have this. However it's listed as /opt/brcm-arm/arm-linux/bin/ar

$ which arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ar
/opt/brcm-arm/bin/arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ar

This is what my toolchain shows.

$ which arm-linux-ar
/opt/brcm-arm/bin/arm-linux-ar

My toolchain does not have this. However it's listed as /opt/brcm-arm/arm-linux/bin/ar

$ which arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ar
/opt/brcm-arm/bin/arm-brcm-linux-uclibcgnueabi-ar

This is what my toolchain shows.

I, unfortunately, had to roll back to the non-alpha build. I worked around the sonos not being useable on wireless by installing a sonos bridge, which basically bypassed the wireless. Unfortunately, I could not work around an issue that appeared with my brother mfc-l2740dw. The problem is that it would no longer scan with this build. Rebooting the router did not help. Trying to reinstall the drivers did not work, because they could not "see" the printer to set it up. Once I rolled back to the stable router driver, all was well again with scanning via wireless. It's a drag, since I liked so many of the improvements in the alpha builds, but being able to scan is a core functionality for me that I can't give up.

Does anyone have a sense of whether the loss of scanning over wireless functionality it due to ASUS updating its code, or something in this alpha code?

I am experiencing a similar issue with an 88U on alpha 4. I cannot connect to my harmony hub, hue bulbs, or my smart switches from within my network. I can connect through the respective devices account systems but at a degraded functionality since they don't let you do a lot of things remotely.

380.65 beta 1 is now available. Please use the release thread for discussion.

Changes since alpha 4:

Code:
125414c Updated documentation
e824757 rc: Log the availability of a new firmware to syslog
4b85d8e rc: disable rebooting up to three times on some models if one of the radios failed to start at boot time - the ate_dev_status() function fails to take into account user-disabled wifi interfaces
74d5c58 webui: reapply the fix from commit 2a7e9d8877ba1dbe1964dcfa0d4c60bc72f3d6a7, lost in the GPL 4180 merge
32ee9be rc: fix bad GPL merge in init_main()
8226def Merge branch 'master' of github.com:RMerl/asuswrt-merlin
52f0a0f doc: updated compatibility list for the RT-AC66U_B1
3e69618 Updated changelog for beta 1
2bac7e7 Bumped revision to beta 1
b12f6d7 add Vodafone R226 USB LTE modem
c061a96 Merge pull request #1140 from notz/add-vodafone-r226
edeb16c rc: fix compile warnings in rc/openvpn.c
c3bc269 openvpn: improve robustness of DDNS usage when generating an ovpn client config, fallback to WAN IP if hostname is not defined
140c825 We expose the hostname field on webui for the custom DDNS type, so this change was unnecessary - revert it (fixes issue #1185)
5e023bb avahi: reject access from secondary WAN (closes #1195)
83547ae busybox: enable busybox itself as an applet
f96d3b1 webui: revert 4180 change - the notification for new FW is always about stable, not about current path, so link to appropriate release notes
677b74c firewall: allowed NSFW traffic should return to parent chain to continue with the rest of that chain rather than be immediately accepted, so Triggers can also be processed
3877159 firewall: jump to the NSFW chain even if PC isn't enabled or has no rules
927befe tor: use autoconf files from the distribution to resolve building issues on supported environments
35d84dc nano: updated to 2.7.4 (closes #1188)
ceca9ea tor: fixed building of 0.2.9.x; replaced deprecated settings by updated ones
8033a8d tor: updated to 0.2.9.8
c307d95 shared: on GMAC3, et0macaddr and et1macaddr are both wiped, and et2macaddr contains the actual HW address.  This will address IPv6 PD requests that used a bunch of 000s in their duid
7575236 add Vodafone R226 USB LTE modem
82ce3fa rc: check the correct flag for the availability of a new firmware before launching the notification script
d5a53d2 webui: moved both DLNA settings from Tools->Other Settings to the Media Server page
4e2ed98 webui: fix misaligned tab on Guest Network page under Firefox and Opera
e9872f8 webui: fix broken HTML tag on the OpenVPN client TLS CCS dropdown
fa8b37e Bumped revision to alpha 5

Status
Not open for further replies.