What's new

AX11000 PRO or AXE11000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

860lacov

New Around Here
I would like to buy a new router.
I'll probably be able to buy axe11000 or ax11000 pro with similar price with nice discount.
To be honest I'm not sure what I'll need.
I have one device with WiFi 6E.
I would like to setup vlan. If I'm correct axe11000 doesn't support it but I probably could use merlin :)
For sure I'll check every option I can becouse I like to dig.
I would like to monitor every device in my home, separate iot devices etc.
If I will use merlin I'll probably play with some scripts too.

I'm sure that both devices are more than enough for me. So with the same prices which one should I get?

Welcome to the forums @860lacov.

VLAN support is coming to new and specific current routers with firmware 3.0.0.6.xxx or higher.

On the current 3.0.0.4.xxx level firmware, you may be able to configure something using Guest Network 1 (for each radio/band available).

What type/level of monitoring are you looking for, specifically? Consumer routers are limited in what they can do. Yes, scripts may help, but if you need something specific, you'll be doing the heavy lifting of creating those, most likely.

Without further information, the two models you suggest are not what I would be looking towards, today.

Give a complete/detailed outline of what you envision your network to be/do for you. A diagram would be most helpful too. Only then can a good answer be offered.

Welcome to the forums @860lacov.

VLAN support is coming to new and specific current routers with firmware 3.0.0.6.xxx or higher.

On the current 3.0.0.4.xxx level firmware, you may be able to configure something using Guest Network 1 (for each radio/band available).

What type/level of monitoring are you looking for, specifically? Consumer routers are limited in what they can do. Yes, scripts may help, but if you need something specific, you'll be doing the heavy lifting of creating those, most likely.

Without further information, the two models you suggest are not what I would be looking towards, today.

Give a complete/detailed outline of what you envision your network to be/do for you. A diagram would be most helpful too. Only then can a good answer be offered.
I wanted to buy ax86u pro becouse it is enough for me but it seems that I'll be able to get one of mentioned two models in ax86u pro price or cheaper.
I don't have many devices
One device with 6E (1 or two are coming) , 3 iot devices, few 5Ghz devices.
I just can get asus routers in better than good price. Maybe even axe16000
I'll change my isp plan to 1Gbps and it is max what my iso can provide so 2.5 or 10Gbps is overkill.
I have a router / modem from my isp.
Everything will be better but I don't even know what to expect.
If possible I would l like to configure ddns, custom DNS, vpn, vlan, check what / where my iot devices are sending data.
If possible I would lie to configure some adblocking.