What's new

The rmerlin donation thread.

• Thread starter Deleted member 27741
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gaining more users is the goal behind any forums, not reducing them. If the traffic Asuswrt-Merlin (and indirectly Asus in general) bring to the forum had been a problem, Tim would have told me by now.

That's ok - getting eyeballs is good... but are these good eyeballs? How does this drive traffic back to smallnetbuilder.com?

At the same time - go look at Recent Posts, and 90 percent of traffic is ASUS related with their router/AP devices - and this drives away folks - and unless Asus is kicking in some funds to support SNBForums.com, as bandwidth costs...

Perhaps it's time to move things either back to Asus.com and/or host RMerlin's asuswrt-rmerlin.com on a rented VPS somewhere.. esp. when this thread is about driving funds not to SNB, but somewhere else - and hosts threads that do things like ad-blocking, which takes even more away the very site that is getting traffic...

Perhaps I'm in the minority - I really do appreciate your efforts, I know how hard it is, but this has been a free ride, actually less so, as the ASUSWRT community is actively working to remove the very benefit - e.g. page views and ad-impressions.

That's ok - getting eyeballs is good... but are these good eyeballs? How does this drive traffic back to smallnetbuilder.com?

At the same time - go look at Recent Posts, and 90 percent of traffic is ASUS related with their router/AP devices - and this drives away folks - and unless Asus is kicking in some funds to support SNBForums.com, as bandwidth costs...

Perhaps it's time to move things either back to Asus.com and/or host RMerlin's asuswrt-rmerlin.com on a rented VPS somewhere.. esp. when this thread is about driving funds not to SNB, but somewhere else - and hosts threads that do things like ad-blocking, which takes even more away the very site that is getting traffic...

Perhaps I'm in the minority - I really do appreciate your efforts, I know how hard it is, but this has been a free ride, actually less so, as the ASUSWRT community is actively working to remove the very benefit - e.g. page views and ad-impressions.

If you have an issue with it, please contact Tim about it. It's ultimately his call.

Actually - folks might want to consider;
a) removing ad-blockers - this pays the bills for hosting SNB
b) move the Asus traffic somewhere else - 95 percent of the traffic here is Asus specific -
I'm very happy to host RMerlin here on SNBForums. He does an excellent job and it's a win-win for us both.

ASUS has been a faithful SNB advertiser for many years.

I'm very happy to host RMerlin here on SNBForums. He does an excellent job and it's a win-win for us both.

The ASUS noise is pretty high, otherwise I would not speak out - but as long as @thiggins and @RMerlin are ok with it, that's cool...

I turned off my ad-blocker.

I share my joy
Thanks for your great and appreciated work
vnktn5.jpg

Long overdue donation sent your way Merlin. Your f/w and support is what keeps me coming to this place as well as Tim's reviews but let's not give him the limelight this about YOU! lol

Keep up the great work. Thanks for everything!!!!!

Just hopefully sent some beer fundage to Merlin - evil heinous piece of crap PayPal repeatedly didn't work from the "donate" button for me, and I truly hope that company implodes into nothingness some day with financial ruin and misery for everyone remotely involved in its operation, but in meantime hopefully the regular email address manual method worked - Thanks loads to Merlin for his efforts.

I'd like to donate, but would rather not use Paypal.
RMerlin, would you be able to post a bitcoin address here or on your website?
If you don't have a wallet you can create one at blockchain dot info.

I'd like to donate, but would rather not use Paypal.
RMerlin, would you be able to post a bitcoin address here or on your website?
If you don't have a wallet you can create one at blockchain dot info.

I don't have a bitcoin wallet because I find that to be completely useless, sorry.

$10 donation made. Great firmware and support. AC56U running 380.61. Thank you!

Donation made, thanks for the great firmware :)

Donated. Have dabbled once before but just took the plunge with my new home router and very impressed. Keep up the great work :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!