What's new

[Thread-1] [ 386.1_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TCoreX is that a Surface Pro 6 or older, by any chance? They are good computers on a compatible network, but their Wi-Fi (Actiontec?) adaptors/drivers are horrible.

I would not judge the quality of the Alpha with one of those machines. And again, we're still on Alpha versions with many RMerlin checks to go through.

That's not how it works. :)

When jumping from stock to RMerlin or back, a reset is always recommended. More than likely, your issues are because you skipped this step and saved yourself 10 minutes, but how many hours of frustration?

Flash the firmware you want to use/test. Do a full reset to all routers individually and then do a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Do not use a saved backup config file.

But you didn't read - despite being the first sentence?

I HAD done a full reset on TWO RT-AC86U routers - issue persists!

I didn't reset on the AX86U router as it was just out of its wrapping from Asus. Merlin has said before that you don't always need to reset, and its usually on major changes like a code branch.

Anyway, have a second purchase of an AX86U router as a present for family member for xmas, so time to test the theory of new one from Asus and full reset out - watch this in a few days!!!

But you didn't read - despite being the first sentence?

I HAD done a full reset on TWO RT-AC86U routers - issue persists!

I didn't reset on the AX86U router as it was just out of its wrapping from Asus. Merlin has said before that you don't always need to reset, and its usually on major changes like a code branch.

Anyway, have a second purchase of an AX86U router as a present for family member for xmas, so time to test the theory of new one from Asus and full reset out - watch this in a few days!!!
You really should do a Hard Factory Reset when going from Asus to Merlin firmware. See: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039074/ The AX86U will use Method 2. And double check that the /jffs is mounted after a Hard Reset.

You really should do a Hard Factory Reset when going from Asus to Merlin firmware. See: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039074/ The AX86U will use Method 2. And double check that the /jffs is mounted after a Hard Reset.

Wise words. A little extra time spent doing the correct hard reset will pay off in the long run. It is worth the time and effort.

I have had no trouble with going straight to a Merlin load from a factory load within the same branch/version.

@Unisoft, I did read that. That's exactly what the issue is in your case. At least, until you rule out.

Resetting almost all the routers is not the same as doing it properly and resetting them all.

Even when one is 'brand new'.

@TCoreX is that a Surface Pro 6 or older, by any chance? They are good computers on a compatible network, but their Wi-Fi (Actiontec?) adaptors/drivers are horrible.

I would not judge the quality of the Alpha with one of those machines. And again, we're still on Alpha versions with many RMerlin checks to go through.
i think its marvel, well thats what my surface pro 4 has and it works perfectly fine

trying to build Alpha 4 for AX58U and always getting this error:

make[4]: *** [Makefile:209: mksquashfs] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/chchia/amng.ax58/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd.675x/hostTools/squashfs_4.2'
make[3]: *** [Makefile:166: mksquashfs] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/chchia/amng.ax58/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd.675x/hostTools'
make[2]: *** [build/Makefile:671: hosttools] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/chchia/amng.ax58/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd.675x'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:5137: bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/chchia/amng.ax58/release/src-rt-5.02axhnd.675x'
make: *** [Makefile:5322: rt-ax58u] Error 2

Ax56U Alpha4 build and flashed ... testing has begun ...
56.jpg

I have tested on several devices, HP Notebook, Lenovo Notebook, Android, Linux and Windows 10. Anyway, the Alpha 2 runs stable on all devices.I just wait for further changes until I flash the next version, Alpha 3 will definitely be skipped for me;)

More people here having issues with OpenVPN, the client part? On my AC86U (386.1_alpha3-g88808c14f7) I'm trying to connect to PureVPN and force internet through the tunnel for 1 specific client, see image. This completely breaks the internet on my client and when trying to enable/disable the VPN Client, mostly I end up with non of my clients having a worker internet connection :S.

Am I overlooking something?

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2020-11-29 om 22.49.15.png
    Schermafbeelding 2020-11-29 om 22.49.15.png
    445.3 KB · Views: 126
Hi, Its seems my parental control is not working. Not blocking internet access at all. AC68U with alpha2. I'm using WAN DNS SETTING to cloud flair 1.1.1.1. Is something to do with this setting? If so how can i resolve this?

Thanks.

More people here having issues with OpenVPN, the client part? On my AC86U (386.1_alpha3-g88808c14f7) I'm trying to connect to PureVPN and force internet through the tunnel for 1 specific client, see image. This completely breaks the internet on my client and when trying to enable/disable the VPN Client, mostly I end up with non of my clients having a worker internet connection :S.

Am I overlooking something?
That is a known issue. I have reported it in another thread. Keep in mind its a Alpha build. If you want stability use 384.19.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!