What's new

[Thread-1] [ 386.1_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have AC68U with alpha merlin, but I got an error of incorrect password when connecting to guest wifi.
If I config guest wifi with open system, no error to connect.

Try using Guest Wi-Fi client 2 instead.

Alpha 4 with merged GPL 386_41035 (beta GPL from Asus) in master for all routers. I like that.
Nice, finally encouraging to upgrade AX88U from Alpha 2.

I just tried the AX86U alpha3. Mine is Gundam edition. It's unexpected that its Gundam's banner in its web interface is still reserved.
Gundam.PNG

Last edited:
Did you do a full reset to factory defaults and manually and minimally configure the router after flashing the RMerlin firmware?

For both RT-AC86U then YES
For BRAND NEW RT-AX86U then NO as was new with no previous merlin (production or beta / alpha builds)

All have the issue.

As per several threads above [#523/#450/#355 etc] - the AC5300, even the latest Alpha3.1 [with 386 Asus beta merged], has problems with Aimesh and I could not get it to act as an Aimesh Router or Node under @RMerlin 386 code.

However - flashing the AC5300 with Asus stock 386 Beta fixed the problem and allowed the AC5300 to act as an Aimesh Node to my RT-AC86U on 386.1-Alpha3.1 Merlin. Tried to dirty flash AC5300 to Merlinware 386.1-Alpha 3.1 and that broke the Aimesh link again... nothing I could do to get it back.

Have reverted to 384.19 all round and restored saved settings - but still lost the AC5300 Aimesh Node - so had to rebuild that.

Looks like we are getting an updated code base with alpha4 and an option to select the OpenVPN client for Ookla's Speedtest:
- NEW: Added option to select an OpenVPN client when running Oookla Speedtest.
- UPDATED: Merged GPL 386_41035 (beta GPL from Asus).

Does anyone else experience any USB problems with the latest alpha build? My USB drive is dismounted at night which in turn unloads Diversion and restarts dnsmasq. Here is the error from the system log:
Nov 25 05:09:17 kernel: +++++ BRCM skipping port_feat_c_connection for warm reset
Nov 25 05:09:17 kernel: usb 2-2: USB disconnect, device number 22
Just wanted to let you know, above problem was caused by a cheap USB cable connecting my external SSD drive and had nothing to do with the new firmware. Interference from the router caused the USB connection to malfunction. A new and decent quality cable solved the disconnect issues,

Where can I download Alpha 4?
Doesn't look like Merlin has compiled it for us to use (check onedrive link in first post). If you are feeling brave though you could compile it for yourself and try it.

For both RT-AC86U then YES
For BRAND NEW RT-AX86U then NO as was new with no previous merlin (production or beta/alpha builds)

All have the issue.

That's not how it works. :)

When jumping from stock to RMerlin or back, a reset is always recommended. More than likely, your issues are because you skipped this step and saved yourself 10 minutes, but how many hours of frustration?

Flash the firmware you want to use/test. Do a full reset to all routers individually and then do a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP. Do not use a saved backup config file.

I am back from Alpha 3 to Alpha 2. Surface could not be loaded after a few minutes despite a reset. later hung the whole surface and internet, as well as openvpn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!