What's new

[Thread-1] [ 386.1_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest limitations of the node synced guest networking is if you have primary guest network on a separate addressing pool using a Yazfi or have your own independent configuration, then the addressing pool for the node guest networks is different from the one you created for your main guest network. (meaning the node guest networks do not share same address pool as the one you created on the main router). Instead you connect to whatever address pool the main router has setup for its own primary addressing.
I have found that a synced guest network assigns separate address pools/VLANs for 2.4 GHz/5 GHz than primary network. My primary is 192.168.2.x, 2.4 GHz guest is 192.169.101.y, and 5 GHz guest is 192.168.102.x. I disabled YazFi on synced guest networks.

My router is RT-AX88U using Merlin 386.1 Alpha 2, and my two AiMesh nodes are RT-AX58Us using ASUS 386 RC2-7.

I have found that a synced guest network assigns separate address pools/VLANs for 2.4 GHz/5 GHz than primary network. My primary is 192.168.2.x, 2.4 GHz guest is 192.169.101.y, and 5 GHz guest is 192.168.102.x. I disabled YazFi on synced guest networks.

My router is RT-AX88U using Merlin 386.1 Alpha 2, and my two AiMesh nodes are RT-AX58Us using ASUS 386 RC2-7.
For some reason mine connects to 192.168.1.1 address pool which is my primary routers address pool. Even if I disable yazfi. BTW I have those address pools you mentioned listed inside my dnsmasq.conf. so I do not understand why it is not assigning from them..

For some reason mine connects to 192.168.1.1 address pool which is my primary routers address pool. Even if I disable yazfi. BTW I have those address pools you mentioned listed inside my dnsmasq.conf. so I do not understand why it is not assigning from them..
If you enable intranet access in a Guest WIFI on code base 386 the IP addresses assigned will come from the LAN DHCP pool. Need to go back and discover which DNS the Guest assigns. If the router uses DoT does the guest WIFI pass DNS queries to dnsmasq/stubby?

If you enable intranet access in a Guest WIFI on code base 386 the IP addresses assigned will come from the LAN DHCP pool. Need to go back and discover which DNS the Guest assigns. If the router uses DoT does the guest WIFI pass DNS queries to dnsmasq/stubby?
it goes by the Lan DHCP ( so if 192.168.1.1, it goes by whatever the router is set to).

I am really in doubt.
Since Asus has released an official 386 release with Aimesh2.0, ad since they still support Lyra mini (but don't release a 386 firmware for it), I assume, Lyra mini with 384 firmware (without Aimesh 2.0) should connect as a node.
But how can I be sure of that ?
I don't want to lose my node by upgrading to 386

any experience on this please ?

Yes, keep in mind mine is hard wired and I have it set to prefer 1gwan first and I have the comparable stock beta equivalent flashed to the 5300.

Ok, so you are not using the alpha 2 on the 5300? You are using the asus firmware? Where is the asus beta firmware for the 5300? I did not see it on their website.

I could not get my 88 on alpha 2 to work with the 5300 on alpha 2 (as a mesh node) no matter what I tried; Hard wire, full wipes, wireless, etc. Glad to hear it works with the asus beta for 5300 though. If you have that link, could you please provide?

Thanks!

Ok, so you are not using the alpha 2 on the 5300? You are using the asus firmware? Where is the asus beta firmware for the 5300? I did not see it on their website.

I could not get my 88 on alpha 2 to work with the 5300 on alpha 2 (as a mesh node) no matter what I tried; Hard wire, full wipes, wireless, etc. Glad to hear it works with the asus beta for 5300 though. If you have that link, could you please provide?

Thanks!
From the first post here the top link.

I am really in doubt.
Since Asus has released an official 386 release with Aimesh2.0, ad since they still support Lyra mini (but don't release a 386 firmware for it), I assume, Lyra mini with 384 firmware (without Aimesh 2.0) should connect as a node.
But how can I be sure of that ?
I don't want to lose my node by upgrading to 386

any experience on this please ?
Last week I tested an AiMesh 2.0 router (AC86U) with an AiMesh 1.0 node (AC66U_B1). Seemed to work OK.

I just wanted to let you know that upgrading from 384.19 to 386.1 alpha 2 went without problems on both my routers (2x RT-AX88U). One is my main router and the the other one is configured as Aimesh.

I use it with a VPN client (policy routing enabled), DDNS, DNS filter enabled.

For an alpha it works quite well and I don't see strange entries in the log.

Thank you ! :)

Totally different. WAN port does not function at all with my build, no traffic is sent or received on that Ethernet port, while it works correctly with the stock firmware. Asus confirmed my findings and they are investigating.

Any updates to this issue ?

@RMerlin : what is ASD daemon doing ?

It's a security-related daemon Asus recently implemented. We've worked together to allow it to also work on my firmware (but it's still a work-in-progress, it's not working properly yet).

I've seen this on my 86 unit but when I log out and back in it shows correctly. Does yours if you do that as well? I would be curious to know why your Wan IP is a private IP though.....Behind another unit possibly?
I tried rebooting the unit, but it still shows zero client list. Currently i am installing this behind Telstra modem

Updated yesterday morning so far no problems

RT-AX88-386.1_alpha2-g9675e20696

c399b050e952a9633297384f3d971e1e2d7bbe42-07-11-2020.png

10380139307.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!