What's new

[Thread-1] [ 386.1_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried rebooting the unit, but it still shows zero client list. Currently i am installing this behind Telstra modem
sounds like you need to set the modem to bridge mode.
if you are on VDSL2 (FTTN) like me in with optus id suggest looking into a dreytech vigor 130 and bridge it with the router.

sounds like you need to set the modem to bridge mode.
if you are on VDSL2 (FTTN) like me in with optus id suggest looking into a dreytech vigor 130 and bridge it with the router.
I am on NBN HFC, and i have NBN modem connected to Telstra smart modem gen 2 and asus rt-ac5300 connected to the Telstra modem.

I am on NBN HFC, and i have NBN modem connected to Telstra smart modem gen 2 and asus rt-ac5300 connected to the Telstra modem.
There should be a bridge mode with in the modem it self I'd start by disabling the wifi and looking for an option for bridge mode.

Running 386 Alpha2 on RT-AC86U & RT-AC68U as mesh node.

2 observations:
1) mDLNA server working from media server on AIMesh node media server, however, when trying to add a 'manual server path' no mounted disk shows up to create path. The mounted disk does show up under the samba server.
2) Using router internet speed test from Adaptive QOS results in 357.7 Mpbs download speed, however, speed to clients is significantly reduced. Client Speed tests using various speed tests using Ookla as low as 50.0 Mpbs. Rebooting router frees up RAM and boosts speed test to 260 Mpbs. Please note while client speed is 50 and varies, router speed to internet is always 357. As RAM utilization goes up, speed seems to go down. RAM utilization 86%, client speed 178Mpbs. Prior to using this firmware and in router / AP configuration, speed tests were always 300+ Mpbs.

Why not remove the Telstra Smart Modem and Just connect the Asus to the NBN Arris box?

Exactly. You’re on cable and have a cable modem - which presumably has an Ethernet socket.

Could be that the Telstra “smart” modem just handles the authentication. However, your Asus router might be able to do that too.

Exactly. You’re on cable and have a cable modem - which presumably has an Ethernet socket.

Could be that the Telstra “smart” modem just handles the authentication. However, your Asus router might be able to do that too.
Thanks guys. i finally know how to put bridged mode on Telstra smart modem gen 2.
i should be able to connect nbn aris modem to asus rt-ac5300 but the issue is i don't have the username & password for authentication.

Telstra on NBN HFC does not use authentication.
Any ethernet wan port set for dynamic IP would be fine.
Some other Australian providers on NBN HFC do use authentication and/or vlan tagging but Telstra does not.

If the user has an analog phone service out of a FXS port they want to keep they can connect the Telstra routers WAN to their Asus LAN.
Telstra does not give out any SIP credentials for their basic analog FXS services.
Telstra router would be used only as ATA for the phone service. Turn of WIFI etc.

i don't have the username & password for authentication.

Telstra does not use authentication on their NBN services.
Just connect the Asus WAN to the Arris.
Set Asus WAN for Automatic IP. There is no other requirements.
You can also set the ipv6 settings to native.

Where is the new speedtest located? I can't find it on my RT-AC3100

Other than that the upgrade is working smooth

Where is the new speedtest located? I can't find it on my RT-AC3100

Other than that the upgrade is working smooth
IF its supported, isnt under Adaptive QoS?

IF its supported, isnt under Adaptive QoS?
OH hey look a huge INTERNET SPEED button :) Thx!

Only seems to report about 1/2 my actual gig speed which is accurate using 3 methods on my wired desktop machine, including Ookla's own app :cool:

I don't actually use QoS - was mainly just curious.

Just curious: Why is firewall restart when press "GO" in speed test?
Code:
Nov  8 13:58:23 kernel: Init chrdev /dev/idp with major 190
Nov  8 13:58:23 kernel: tdts: tcp_conn_max = 8000
Nov  8 13:58:23 kernel: tdts: tcp_conn_timeout = 300 sec
Nov  8 13:58:44 kernel: SHN Release Version: 2.0.1 7812743e
Nov  8 13:58:44 kernel: UDB Core Version: 0.2.18
Nov  8 13:58:44 kernel: Init chrdev /dev/idpfw with major 191
Nov  8 13:58:44 kernel: IDPfw: IDPfw is ready
Nov  8 13:58:44 kernel: sizeof forward pkt param = 192
Nov  8 13:58:44 BWDPI: fun bitmap = 3
Nov  8 13:58:56 kernel: IDPfw: Exit IDPfw
Nov  8 13:58:56 kernel: mod epilog takes 0 jiffies
Nov  8 13:58:56 kernel: IDPfw: Exit IDPfw
Nov  8 13:58:56 kernel: Exit chrdev /dev/idpfw with major 191
Nov  8 13:58:56 kernel: Exit chrdev /dev/idp with major 190
Nov  8 13:58:57 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/nat-start
Nov  8 13:58:57 custom_script: Running /jffs/scripts/firewall-start (args: eth0)
Nov  8 13:58:57 (firewall-start): 14976 FIREWALL: starting up

I'm quietly pleased....Asus can have fun with the number of people reporting this....I saw it enough with spdMerlin
HAHA! Well, I read a rumor they used your code so still your problem. /sarcasm ;) Better yet how long before someone confuses the two or wonders why you don't move yours from Addons sections to be beside the new one??

I've been running alpha 2 on AX88U for 4 days no issue. BUT I only ran it on AX88U no mesh.

I'm running Alpha 2 on my AX88U with one mesh node (AX58u Running 386 rc2-7) and they run good.
I have tried Alpha 2 and 386 rc2-7 on my AC88U, but have had no luck getting it to be a mesh node. Alpha2 will not even see it, where as 386 rc2-7 will add it as a node, but then drop it almost right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!