What's new

[Thread-1] [ 386.1_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
brand new out of the box ax88 straight to alpha 3
says theres internet, can only connect to bing.com. not google or anything else
factory reset. same problem
downgrade to 384.19, still there
factory reset, problem goes away

Here is my issue.... I have Merlin installed on my main router and all my nodes. My nodes are all hard wired directly to the main router. I enabled Ethernet back-haul feature and all the nodes lost connection and disappeared. Does any one have advice or had this problem with Merlin's AiMesh Feature?
1605948327882.png

Entware support is not implemented yet on the RT-AX86U.

This is a new model, support is still being gradually implemented, it's a work-in-progress.

Early development, I have not uniformized build profiles yet.

Folks, I cannot stress this enough. These are ALPHA builds. That means work in progress, a lot of things are still being actively implemented. So yes, expect things to not be done yet, this is normal. Until it reaches official beta stage, expect things to NOT fully be implemented yet.
Thank you for the response. I apologize for my ignorance. It looks great so far! I'll be waiting until either a new alpha or beta! :)

Here is my issue.... I have Merlin installed on my main router and all my nodes. My nodes are all hard wired directly to the main router. I enabled Ethernet back-haul feature and all the nodes lost connection and disappeared. Does any one have advice or had this problem with Merlin's AiMesh Feature?

Had the same issue.
1. Make sure WPS is enabled.
2. Unplug network cable from all but one node, boot up the main router, let the first node connect, then connect next node, etc.

I usually have to give it 3-5 minutes for it to find the node and connect. Also, check if you have any switches between the main router and the nodes - per previous comments some (managed?) switches may impact AiMesh connectivity.

Another addition to the 386.1 lineup:

1605983684634.png

This one is made possible (with a few caveats) thanks to Asus's contributions.

• Asus took care of making the non-ROG webui work with it (a few ROG-specific features are currently missing, some may be added by them at a later time). This way I won't need to handle two separate set of webpages (which was one of the blockers against GT support)
  • Asus also took care of merging the GeForce Now code into miniupnpd (and updating their own miniupnpd to be now in sync with mine)
  • As you can see, the UI will NOT be the ROG one. That means some of the UI "enhancements" are missing, like the constant latency monitor and such. Personally I consider this an improvement - not a big fan of that dark red UI...
  • VPN Fusion is NOT supported. First reason being their code ties into Asus's closed source OpenVPN code, and also because it would conflict with Asuswrt-Merlin's Policy Routing.

This will serve as an experiment to see if through closer collaboration with Asus it may become possible to start supporting GT models in the future. The GT-AC2900 was picked as a proof-of-concept because I already had one in hands. Please, no model support requests. This is still an experiment, and I will base any future decision on how well this test works out.

View attachment 27834

• Asus took care of making the non-ROG webui work with it (a few ROG-specific features are currently missing, some may be added by them at a later time). This way I won't need to handle two separate set of webpages (which was one of the blockers against GT support)
  • Asus also took care of merging the GeForce Now code into miniupnpd (and updating their own miniupnpd to be now in sync with mine)
  • As you can see, the UI will NOT be the ROG one. That means some of the UI "enhancements" are missing, like the constant latency monitor and such. Personally I consider this an improvement - not a big fan of that dark red UI...
  • VPN Fusion is NOT supported. First reason being their code ties into Asus's closed source OpenVPN code, and also because it would conflict with Asuswrt-Merlin's Policy Routing.

This will serve as an experiment to see if through closer collaboration with Asus it may become possible to start supporting GT models in the future. The GT-AC2900 was picked as a proof-of-concept because I already had one in hands. Please, no model support requests. This is still an experiment, and I will base any future decision on how well this test works out.

collaboration is a good thing.

View attachment 27834

I dont expect you to, but if you decide to run firmware support through for the GTAX11000 i will be willing to test it.

@Merlin. Are we going to see a Alpha 4 in the near future? My Roku ultra keeps dropping wifi on beta 3. However the RC2-8 does not have the issue.

@Merlin. Are we going to see a Alpha 4 in the near future? My Roku ultra keeps dropping wifi on beta 3. However the RC2-8 does not have the issue.

I don't have any updated GPL for AX models yet.

Also, check if you have any switches between the main router and the nodes - per previous comments some (managed?) switches may impact AiMesh connectivity.

Is this a new issue with AIMesh 2.0? Just checking because I have no issues with intermediary switches, managed or unmanaged, between routers on AiMesh v1.

Is this a new issue with AIMesh 2.0? Just checking because I have no issues with intermediary switches, managed or unmanaged, between routers on AiMesh v1.
I haven't used AiMesh v1 - the whole reason for me to experiment with alpha releases is because of AiMesh 2.0 and extending guest networks. Just reporting my experience and referencing other posts in this thread that had noted possible issues with managed switches.

Last edited:
I have a TG streaming account with dedicated IP that I use to bypass my ISPs stupid DNS setup. I also use it for remote access into my home network. It stays up 24/7 and is rock solid.

Last edited:
Yes. https://x3mtek.com/why-i-use-torguard-as-my-vpn-provider/

:D

Do you have a question I can assist you with? TG also has a generator tool that creates the ovpn.config file that you can upload using the OpenVPN Client Screen.
Have been a TorGuard user for many years.

My question was whether they are now supporting OpenVPN 2.5, or least have they removed the NCP references from their ovpn configs.

If not, which is most likely the case, is anyone across what they are doing in this area? Work in progress?

Last time I checked, they were still using legacy cipher fallback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!