What's new

[Thread-1] [ 386.1_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been a TorGuard user for many years.

My question was whether they are now supporting OpenVPN 2.5, or least have they removed the NCP references from their ovpn configs.

If not, which is most likely the case, is anyone across what they are doing in this area? Work in progress?

Last time I checked, they were still using legacy cipher fallback.
I tested the Alpha 2 and 3 386.1 releases with TG and had no issues. I route to two public servers and my private server.

I can't get the latest Alpha 3 to flash on my AX58U, the router just reboots. Anybody else having this problem?

I had this issue once before and had to reset the router before the flash to succeed.

I have ASUS RT-AX55 will it be supported by merlin i was using merlin on old rauter becouse of upnp it was pure magic naw i am stuck with asus wrt which is not pure magic

Dirty update from 14Nov'20 Alpha 3 to this 21Nov'20 Alpha 3 on RT-AX88U AiMesh backhaul'd with RT-AX56U+2x RT-AC86U's. All looks good! Thanks Rmerlin!!

Here is my issue.... I have Merlin installed on my main router and all my nodes. My nodes are all hard wired directly to the main router. I enabled Ethernet back-haul feature and all the nodes lost connection and disappeared. Does any one have advice or had this problem with Merlin's AiMesh Feature?
View attachment 27822
So I factory reset all my Merlin Nodes. I tried to pair 1 at a time. It appears when I pair a particular RT-AC68U to it all of the other nodes lose connection. All of this is on an ethernet backhaul. I have 3 RT -AC68U on Merlin as Nodes, and one RT-AC3100 as Main router. NOdes keep dropping once I pair the third nOde.

Alpha builds are working better for me than the previous stable ones.
I have less bufferbloat now using traditional QoS + fq_codel although i am not sure that's because of the new firmware and not my ISP.
Also some problems i had with DNS over TLS seem to be solved, not 100% sure yet because it was random.

Looking very promising, thank you @RMerlin.

Updated to Alpha3 builds on my two routers and seems to working just fine.

Thank you
RMerlin

Both alpha3 versions I tried are having trouble starting ntpd on rt-ax58u at bootup. Factory reset, cleared all settings and setup again. If I go to administration and toggle ntp server on then off then click apply, it retries and successfully starts syncs.

Code:
May  4 22:05:21 rc_service: udhcpc 1727:notify_rc stop_ntpd
May  4 22:05:21 rc_service: udhcpc 1727:notify_rc start_ntpd
May  4 22:05:21 rc_service: waitting "stop_ntpd" via udhcpc ...
May  4 22:05:36 rc_service: skip the event: start_ntpd.
Nov 22 02:47:14 ntpd: Initial clock set
Nov 22 02:47:14 rc_service: ntpd_synced 2737:notify_rc restart_diskmon

Is the guest network behavior still the same as in Alpha 1?

(Some changes on guest network 1 that would break my IoT network)

Is the guest network behavior still the same as in Alpha 1?

(Some changes on guest network 1 that would break my IoT network)
Yes. Asus 386 does assign a different subnet to the first Guest networks in the 2.4 and 5 GHZ bands. This is a result of enabling guest networks across the mesh which is a good thing for some of us. Sorry to say the rest of you will have some changes to make to your guest networks.

Yes. Asus 386 does assign a different subnet to the first Guest networks in the 2.4 and 5 GHZ bands. This is a result of enabling guest networks across the mesh which is a good thing for some of us. Sorry to say the rest of you will have some changes to make to your guest networks.
Would I be good if I just swap guest network 1 (currently IoT) & network 2 (currently "real" guest network)?

After RT-AC86U upgrade from alpha3-g874b3ed69d to alpha3-g88808c14f7 both processor cores usage is oscilating between 20% to 100% and RAM about 95%. When I go back to alpha3-g874b3ed69d, all the values fall down to normal. Checked twice with the same result, then I went back to alpha3-g874b3ed69d. Anyone else with the same experience?

Would I be good if I just swap guest network 1 (currently IoT) & network 2 (currently "real" guest network)?
Yes, swap the functions of Guest 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!