What's new

[Thread-1] [ 386.1_Alpha Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at the logs and noticed this every hour:

Code:
Dec  2 16:19:15 RT-AX88U-0D80 ovpn-client1[2422]: TLS: soft reset sec=3600/3600 bytes=2072066655/-1 pkts=1775343/0
Dec  2 16:19:15 RT-AX88U-0D80 ovpn-client1[2422]: VERIFY KU OK
Dec  2 16:19:15 RT-AX88U-0D80 ovpn-client1[2422]: Validating certificate extended key usage
Dec  2 16:19:15 RT-AX88U-0D80 ovpn-client1[2422]: ++ Certificate has EKU (str) TLS Web Server Authentication, expects TLS Web Server Authentication
Dec  2 16:19:15 RT-AX88U-0D80 ovpn-client1[2422]: VERIFY EKU OK
Dec  2 16:19:15 RT-AX88U-0D80 ovpn-client1[2422]: VERIFY OK: depth=0, C=US, ST=CA, L=LosAngeles, O=Private Internet Access, OU=Private Internet Access, CN=newjersey406, name=newjersey406
Dec  2 16:19:15 RT-AX88U-0D80 ovpn-client1[2422]: Outgoing Data Channel: Cipher 'AES-128-GCM' initialized with 128 bit key
Dec  2 16:19:15 RT-AX88U-0D80 ovpn-client1[2422]: Incoming Data Channel: Cipher 'AES-128-GCM' initialized with 128 bit key
Dec  2 16:19:15 RT-AX88U-0D80 ovpn-client1[2422]: Control Channel: TLSv1.3, cipher TLSv1.3 TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, 2048 bit RSA[/CODE
I use PIA VPN and just wanted to know if this is normal. Just wondering if it's automatically setup to run every hour or I can change it that to something else. Everything is working without any issues! Thanks!

I'm just wondering if that is setup automatically or if I can edit that to something else. Everything is working as expected btw. Thanks!

I've been running V4 of the alpha since it went live. I installed over the Asus stock beta that was current at the time. Dirty install. Running well. Very uneventful. None of the issues I had with IoT devices that earlier versions of the asus stock firmware exhibited.

I've been running V4 of the alpha since it went live. I installed over the Asus stock beta that was current at the time. Dirty install. Running well. Very uneventful. None of the issues I had with IoT devices that earlier versions of the asus stock firmware exhibited.
Great! You didn't mention what model router you installed on, though.

Dec 2 16:19:15 RT-AX88U-0D80 ovpn-client1[2422]: TLS: soft reset sec=3600/3600 bytes=2072066655/-1 pkts=1775343/0

You are using a 3600 secs TLS expiration as indicated here. This might be enforced by your server, and shouldn't be changed unless you control both ends of the connection.

I've been running 384.19 since its release.. Just dirty updated to alpha 4 on an ac68u. All good.. Running FlexQos and a policy routed vpn client. 20+ wired and wireless clients. All good so far. Thanks Merlin!!

Ps also going to test aimesh and AP/Bridge modes soon...

Hi, I put this in the Merlin-Addons page a few days ago but no comments. I know it's still an alpha, but I installed scribe on 386.1 Alpha 4 for AX86U and I am getting a rolling kernel error lines multiple times as below, right after installing scribe (with or without UI).

kernel: _blog_emit, blogp = 0x6
kernel: _blog_emit, blogp = 0x4
kernel: _blog_emit, blogp = 0x2240
kernel: _blog_emit, blogp = 0x1a68
kernel: _blog_emit, blogp = 0x2

The kernel error message will only disappear after removing scribe. Any thoughts on what I should do? Or should I just wait until the final release of 386.1 - I'm ok to wait, just wanted to put it out here. I installed Skynet, Diversion, spdmerlin, connmon & ntpmerlin without issues. Thanks!

I assume this is Asus debug notice of some kind? Started with Alpha 4.
"Dec 3 10:19:53 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth7"
AX88U, Skynet, ntpMerlin, scMerlin.

BTW...Any Let's encrypt issues again? It does not go beyond "Authorizing".Using asuscomm.

Last edited:

BTW...Any Let's encrypt issues again? It does not go beyond "Authorizing".Using asuscomm.

Re protocol complaining........

Protocol complaining doesn’t seem to affect anything though........(shrug).:oops:

Re protocol complaining........
Ah. Thanks. Then I assume Cake-QOS disabled hardware acceleration and that is why I did not have that warning before. Not using Cake so now hardware acceleration is on.

Protocol complaining doesn’t seem to affect anything though........(shrug).:oops:
Unless someone found a reason to use "fc disable" other than stop the complain I'll keep it as it is then.

Did you try Asus original firmware on the RT-AX58U? IMO since its operating as an AI-Mesh node it really doesn't need Merlins firmware.

No, I only run stock Asus firmware just until I can flash RMerlin onto a router. :)

Besides, with an Ethernet cable, I got it to connect.

No, I only run stock Asus firmware just until I can flash RMerlin onto a router. :)

Besides, with an Ethernet cable, I got it to connect.
It makes sense to run the same firmware on all your routers. In theory it should help with problem shooting and you have a homogenous environment.

Hi,
I just installed the alpha4 on my brand new AX86U and it works like a charm.
I installed Entware, Diversion, Skynet, spdMerlin ...
I also enabled the Samba v2 server with an attached USB drive.
Everything works.

Thanks a lot for the awesome work.

The only issue I have so far is that with Smart Connect enabled, some devices refuse to steer from 2.4G to 5G even though they match the steering requirements.
This happens mainly with my desktop which is equipped with an Intel AX200.
Any idea why this would happen ?

EDIT : Nevermind, after disabling and re-enabling the wifi on my desktop, it connected straight to the 5G band. I never saw this behavior on the AsusWrt

It makes sense to run the same firmware on all your routers. In theory it should help with problem shooting and you have a homogenous environment.
In the case of AiMesh nodes connected to a router with Merlin's 386.1 Alpha 4, I, too, have found better integration using the latest Asus Beta RC2-9 firmware for the nodes. The AiMesh code is all closed source, so you don't gain anything by using the Merlin Alpha on the nodes.

In the case of AiMesh nodes connected to a router with Merlin's 386.1 Alpha 4, I, too, have found better integration using the latest Asus Beta RC2-9 firmware for the nodes. The AiMesh code is all closed source, so you don't gain anything by using the Merlin Alpha on the nodes.

I currently have a x88u and am getting ready to setup AiMesh with a x86u.have Why do you think it is better to run ASUS stock on AiMesh nodes instead of Merlin? Also I have both a VPN server and client w/routing running. Do you know of any issues with this when using AiMesh? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!