1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Featured TP-Link EAP225v3 AC1350 Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit Ceiling Mount Access Point Reviewed

Discussion in 'Wireless Article Discussions' started by thiggins, Jun 20, 2018.

1. thiggins

thiggins Mr. Easy Staff Member

username0475 likes this.
  2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. Internet Man

Internet Man Senior Member

Small (but important?) correction: the Features table on page 1 lists "No" next to MU-MIMO.

4. thiggins

Thanks for the catch. Fixed.

5. umarmung

umarmung Regular Contributor

Hardware design looks better, though still electrolytics.

Bandsteering but no auto-channel management? And strange still no DFS.

Do these APs support tagged management VLAN? If so, that's a convenient advantage over Ubiquiti Unifi APs, who only support untagged.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  6. herbshut

herbshut New Around Here

I believe in the cons summary it states there are no bandwidth controls for clients, if you install the omada software (im assume it uses the same as EAP245 which i am using) on a pc then you have the option to do this for clients and each access point.
    https://www.tp-link.com/ae/faq-914.html I can confirm it works as expected.

7. ulaganath

ulaganath Senior Member

when will the omada cloud controller be released. Its a needed feature to remotely monitor and see the usage and clients connected.

Is there any upper limit on this AP say 100 /200 etc?

8. thiggins

I verified with TP-Link that DFS is not supported.

umarmung likes this.
  9. SpeedyMe

SpeedyMe New Around Here

The review states that you installed 2.2 FW. Latest I see is 2.1 dated 2018-04-12. Am I missing something?

10. SpeedyMe

SpeedyMe New Around Here

"Do these APs support tagged management VLAN? If so, that's a convenient advantage over Ubiquiti Unifi APs, who only support untagged."

Yes. Tagged mgmt VLAN, set to anything 1-4094

11. Internet Man

Internet Man Senior Member

12. SpeedyMe

SpeedyMe New Around Here

13. adamjb

adamjb New Around Here

With the 5.8 branch of the Unifi controller (just came out with a stable release candidate) and the latest firmware, Unifi APs finally support a management VLAN.

umarmung likes this.
  14. steve_togo

steve_togo Occasional Visitor

I have this ap, and I see a lot of tx errors on the 5g band but the 2g seems fine. Has anyone else noticed this issue? Also are those errors represented in bytes or packets?

I have installed acrylic WiFi and choose the best channel in my area. I do have other channels broadcasting in that range but not that strong.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. venture996

venture996 Occasional Visitor

I have 2 of those at home and I just checked my stats; I'm seeing the same thing as you. Not sure what to adjust.

upload_2018-6-27_9-50-49.png

16. venture996

venture996 Occasional Visitor

I just rebooted one of my access points, which cleared the stats. With no device connected to 5gHz I show similar errors on the 5gHz service. Makes me think this might be a meaningless stat.

umarmung likes this.
  17. username0475

username0475 Regular Contributor

I have had the indoor & ourdoor version of these AP's for 4 months now - was working great via the OMADA Controller utility.
    Then I switched routers from a flashed TMO 68U to an Asus RT-86U & now I can't get the controller nor the separate discovery utility to find & adopt these AP's.

Can only configure them via the web UI directly into their IP addresses.
    Any ideas?

18. steve_togo

steve_togo Occasional Visitor

Thanks for confirming, I have reached out to TP-Link and they say they are not able to reproduce it in their labs. I think the device does have an issue, should have gone with the unifi line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. pbc

pbc Occasional Visitor

How are folks finding these new AP's roam when using multiples? Was looking to have one on my main floor, one on my upper floor, and one outside in a cabana.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!