What's new

Tried Asus Firmware (378.4850)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

randomName

Very Senior Member
I tried the Asus firmware and I'm thinking of coming back. Can I just upload the firmware? I don't think I did a full restore default settings jumping from Merlin to Asus and it worked fine

So do I do it before or after the upload of the Merlin file?

So do I do it before or after the upload of the Merlin file?
Hi,

You do it ALWAYS AFTER the change of firmware to get the right HIDDEN DEFAULT settings for the loaded firmware.
BEFORE it makes no sense... :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

PS.: By the way: You need to re-enter all user defined settings manually into the new firmware.
Or you use the User NVRAM Save/Restore Utility
- BEFORE (to save the user settings to a USB drive) and
- AFTER (to restore the user settings)
you change the firmware.

What is the purpose of NAT Loopback? And why would I need it enabled?

So I've went back n forth several times and I thought the Merlin might be more stable; now the router is acting inconsistent, slow loading pages, no netflix, games are horribly lagged and warping. I've did the reset to manufacture thing several times and still the same issue.

So I've went back n forth several times and I thought the Merlin might be more stable; now the router is acting inconsistent, slow loading pages, no netflix, games are horribly lagged and warping. I've did the reset to manufacture thing several times and still the same issue.