What's new

U-Verse - best setup with RT-AC68U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

barich

New Around Here
I'm switching from cable to AT&T U-Verse next week. I'd rather not, but my tiny local cable company is failing to remain competitive in pricing and bandwidth and despite not caring much for AT&T it's hard to turn down >2x the download speed and 4x the upload speed for basically the same price.

As far as I understand, U-Verse gateways don't support a genuine bridge mode. Am I better off using "IP passthough" which seems to be as close as you can get, or just setting my Asus router to AP mode and letting the U-Verse gateway handle routing?

Uverse modems should be able to be configured in bridge mode.

Also knows as DMZPlus mode in some of their residential gateways made by 2-wire. IP Passthrough for the Motorola NVG510. The first time you connect your router's wan port to the RG you will get a private address on your Asus routers WAN port (192.x.x.x).

After the router connects you need to connect a PC to one of the other LAN ports of the RG and go into the UI. Navigate to the firewall page and setup the DMZPlus or IP Passthough host with the MAC address/hostname of your Asus router.

Then force the Asus router to renew it's IP address, easiest way is a reboot, and then it will have the proper public IP address. Verify the was status on the Asus router that you now have a public IP address assigned.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!