What's new

uiDivStats uiDivStats - WebUI for Diversion statistics

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you mean?
Code:
grep blockingIP /opt/share/diversion/.conf/diversion.conf
yea or that

here is my little section block looks like

Code:
## Blocking file settings ##
bfType=Custom
bfFs=on
bfTypeFs=Small
bfTypeinUse=primary
SkynetFs=off
alternateBF=on
aBFIP="192.168.1.5"
aBFConfInc=on
bfPlusHosts=on
bfUpdateDay=Saturday
bfUpdateDOW=Sat
bfUpdateHour=2
bfUpdateLastRun="Dec 03 13:19:52"
bfUpdatePrevRun=""
blockingIP="192.168.1.14"
LANblockingIP=on
lanBIP=192.168.1.14
domainsPerLine=20

## Entware settings ##
entPath="/mnt/MY_PART/entware"
entVersion="Entware (armv7sf-k2.6)"
psState=off
prevPsState=off
psIP="192.168.1.4"

Code:
grep blockingIP /opt/share/diversion/.conf/diversion.conf
tells you two things
Code:
blockingIP="192.168.1.14"
LANblockingIP=on

where as

Code:
grep lanBIP /opt/share/diversion/.conf/diversion.conf

tells you only

Code:
lanBIP=192.168.1.14

Might there be an option to move uiDivStats compilation off the hour mark, if even by a minute? Skynet is doing its stats then too. The former takes two minutes and the latter 10 seconds but they still fire off on top of one another. (I know I can do it by hand.)

[Honestly, did not read 21 pages.]

Not sure if working in my RT-AC3200. When I "1. generate Diversion statistics now," it takes (seemingly) infinity time. I have to CTRL-C out of that after several minutes.
Edit: okay... I went up to get my wife another glass of wine and chat for a bit, and pick up my kid's toys and I see that it finished. No idea how long that took. :eek:

Edit 2: GUI works! Now I need to research some of these MSFT domains. I honestly don't mind giving them some of my data, depending on what they seek.

This may be answered elsewhere in the thread... but for hosts, how come I only see a "name" for one client, and all the others show up as N/A? (Even though I have named them all in the GUI?)

Last edited:
[Honestly, did not read 21 pages.]

Not sure if working in my RT-AC3200. When I "1. generate Diversion statistics now," it takes (seemingly) infinity time. I have to CTRL-C out of that after several minutes.
Edit: okay... I went up to get my wife another glass of wine and chat for a bit, and pick up my kid's toys and I see that it finished. No idea how long that took. :eek:

This may be answered elsewhere in the thread... but for hosts, how come I only see a "name" for one client, and all the others show up as N/A? (Even though I have named them all in the GUI?)

Re: stats - On my device, stats refresh takes from 1-3 minutes (3 mins on a Friday, just before the Saturday weekly reset).

Clients can be named in two places (and take up twice the NVRAM). In my observation the names in Diversion come from what you've entered in LAN > DHCP server > Manual assignments. The names entered in the Network map > Client status don't always show in the reporting.

Re: stats - On my device, stats refresh takes from 1-3 minutes (3 mins on a Friday, just before the Saturday weekly reset).

Clients can be named in two places (and take up twice the NVRAM). In my observation the names in Diversion come from what you've entered in LAN > DHCP server > Manual assignments. The names entered in the Network map > Client status don't always show in the reporting.
Oh! How interesting. Yes, I see. So Diversion only identifies clients with a static IP huh? Hmmm

Oh! How interesting. Yes, I see. So Diversion only identifies clients with a static IP huh? Hmmm
Because when setting a device name in Network Map, it ties the device name to the MAC address and not to the IP. The Dnsmasq log only logs the IP address.
The stats function then compares IP addresses to these three files to resolve device names:
- /tmp/e t c/hosts.dnsmasq (Router generated)
- /var/l i b/misc/dnsmasq.leases (Router generated)
- the backup file /opt/share/diversion/backup/diversion_stats-iphostleases kept by Diversion

What do you have set for "use dnsmasq as a caching resolver" in tools, other settings?
Default = "no."
Setting = "no."

thelonelycoder said:
Because when setting a device name in Network Map, it ties the device name to the MAC address and not to the IP. The Dnsmasq log only logs the IP address."
Okay... I think that makes sense. I'm not intimately familiar with those specific files...

Soooo....

Code:
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't create /tmp/uidivstats/div-th-all-count: nonexistent directory
awk: /tmp/uidivstats/div-th-all: No such file or directory
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't open /tmp/uidivstats/div-th-all-count: no such file
awk: cmd. line:1: Division by zero
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't create /tmp/uidivstats/div-th: nonexistent directory
awk: /tmp/uidivstats/div-th: No such file or directory
awkNR: /tmp/uidivstats/div-th: No such file or directory
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't create /tmp/uidivstats/div-tah: nonexistent directory
awk: /tmp/uidivstats/div-tah: No such file or directory
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't create /tmp/uidivstats/div-bw: nonexistent directory
awkNR: /tmp/uidivstats/div-tah: No such file or directory
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't create /tmp/uidivstats/div1: nonexistent directory
awk: /tmp/uidivstats/div1: No such file or directory
awk: /tmp/uidivstats/div2: No such file or directory
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't create /tmp/uidivstats/div4: nonexistent directory
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't create /tmp/uidivstats/div7: nonexistent directory
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't create /tmp/uidivstats/div6: nonexistent directory
awkNR: /tmp/uidivstats/div6: No such file or directory
sed: /tmp/uidivstats/div-iphostleases: No such file or directory
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't create /tmp/uidivstats/div-iphostleases.tmp: nonexistent directory
sed: /tmp/uidivstats/div-iphostleases.tmp: No such file or directory
cat: can't open '/tmp/uidivstats/div-iphostleases.tmp': No such file or directory
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't open /tmp/uidivstats/div-tah: no such file
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't open /tmp/uidivstats/div-tah: no such file
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't create /tmp/uidivstats/div-th-bwl: nonexistent directory
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't open /tmp/uidivstats/div-th-bwl: no such file
/jffs/scripts/uiDivStats: line 52: can't open /tmp/uidivstats/div-th-bwl: no such file
uiDivStats: Diversion statistic generation completed successfully!

This was after regenerating stats.

Love the gui but I now get this error when generating stats after latest update.

awkNR: /tmp/uidivstats/div-toptop: No such file or directory

Love the gui but I now get this error when generating stats after latest update.

Same here

In AMTM:
uiDivStats: Diversion statistic generation completed successfully!

This is a sample of a lot of output.

Code:
Dec 15 22:17:52 dnsmasq[28851]: query[A] lh3.googleusercontent.com from 192.168.1.29
Dec 15 22:17:52 dnsmasq[28851]: query[A] HPC46516D0CA28.local from 192.168.1.71
Dec 15 22:17:52 dnsmasq[28851]: query[AAAA] HPC46516D0CA28.local from 192.168.1.71
Dec 15 22:17:52 dnsmasq[28851]: query[A] www.google.com from 192.168.1.83
Dec 15 22:17:53 dnsmasq[28851]: query[A] connectivitycheck.gstatic.com from 192.168.1.29
Dec 15 22:17:54 dnsmasq[28851]: query[A] msmetrics.ws.sonos.com from 192.168.1.43

Maybe I’ve put my nose where it didn’t really belong, but if my idea broke it, I’ll double-down on potentially bad ideas and be more specific to only capture A or AAAA queries (I saw TXT and PTR queries slipping through in my logs).

Code:
/opt/bin/grep -a " query\[A.* from $i$" $dnsmasqLog

This seems to have fixed itself overnight. Not sure if it was because I had cleaned down my stats.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!