What's new

Unable to connect Buffalo D1300 Bridge to BT Home Hub 5 with AES encryption

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stu.ratcliffe

New Around Here
Hi All,

I'm currently experimenting with AC wireless to try and get rid of my current 500mbps powerline setup (old house with original wiring makes my throughput fluctuate between 100-300mbps, but with regular loss of connection altogether).

I can't run ethernet as it's a rented house, and want/need to be able to take my network solution with me easily if/when I move again.

I started off with a fairly cheap option of the Buffalo AC1300 Media bridge, which I am trying to connect to my BT Home Hub 5 using AES encryption. The problem is the ethernet adapter software shipped with the buffalo bridge reports 100% signal strength, with throughput of 975mbps, but when connecting my laptop to the ethernet ports on the bridge I don't get a connection to the internet, or my local lan for that matter. As soon as I change the bridge settings to TKIP encryption it works flawlessly, albeit at a limited 54mbps due to the older encryption technology.

Any ideas? My router supports AES, as when connecting directly to the router with my laptop the connection is made using AES.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice.

Stu

One thing to try if you haven't already...

On the WPA2-AES Personal - the passphrase should only be alpha numeric - e.g A-Z, a-z, 0-9, no spaces, punctuation, or accented characters.

example - pAs5w0rD is good, but pås5wørD is not good...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!