What's new

amtm Unable to setup Yahoo mail account on e-mail settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sentinelvdx

Very Senior Member
Hi,

I always used Diversion to notify me for FW updates, etc.
Now I'm trying to setup e-mail on AMTM with a Yahoo account, and seems not working, getting a login denied.
On SSL Flag I've tried nothing, --insecure, insecure, but nothing works, still get login denied.
(Yes, I did try to login to that yahoo email through web and works perfect with same credentials)

Any idea? or way to find out why is not login to send out test e-mail?

Thanks,

Hi,

Now I'm trying to setup e-mail on AMTM with a Yahoo account, and seems not working, getting a login denied.
On SSL Flag I've tried nothing, --insecure, insecure, but nothing works, still get login denied.
(Yes, I did try to login to that yahoo email through web and works perfect with same credentials)

Thanks,
Would be perfect with an e-mail notification from asuswrt-merlin.net itself. Where you can sign up for subscription to such newsletter/notification. Instead of all running their own notifications from their own router.

Hi,

Thanks,
Do you have 2FA setup, and are you using an app-specific password? See this.

Do you have 2FA setup, and are you using an app-specific password? See this.
Hi,

No, this e-mail account it only works with user and password, I use it just for sending out e-mail notification from my different devices/services.
But what you've shared I've never seen it before, this must be new. I'll give a try and update, thanks!

UPDATE:

Ok, I've generated the app. password and now is working!

Thanks again!!!

Would be perfect with an e-mail notification from asuswrt-merlin.net itself. Where you can sign up for subscription to such newsletter/notification. Instead of all running their own notifications from their own router.
What about addons? Diversion will send an email if there‘s an update for itself or amtm or third party scripts.
This will soon be built into amtm.
Makes perrfect sense if the router sends a tailored mail that informs of available updates for a particular router.

What about addons? Diversion will send an email if there‘s an update for itself or amtm or third party scripts.
Makes perrfect sense if the router sends a tailored mail that informs of available updates for a particular router.

You are awesome!

But then you have to run diversion and I run AdGuard instead.

Edit: built into amtm would be better than diversion.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!