What's new

Updated to 384.6_beta1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chess

Occasional Visitor
and now my Samsung tv wont connect to the wifi... rather strange.....
I did a manual update to the firmware, I did not do a factory reset.
I did a reboot on the router, no dice....

I had to manually enter the IP with the MAC because of the overflow spewing of messages it was doing.

Any suggestions on what to do ?

Thanks

first I would use 384.6 final, why beta? Or even 384.7alpha1 would be probably best.

@Grisu I will try that :) I will report back sir. When I clicked on the update firmware thats where it took me too.... to be honest I didnt go "looking around" :)

Flashed it back... still no dice... doesnt see the router, and its 1 bedroom over... never had an issue until now.. strange....

1) Power cycle the router. ( Leave power button alone, pull plug from socket and leave for 30+ seconds before powering up again)

2) "Forget" the SSID/connection on any device not connecting and reset the connection.

I did a manual update to the firmware, I did not do a factory reset.
I did a reboot on the router, no dice....

Any suggestions on what to do ?

Thanks
If you can’t troubleshoot shoot it with the tips in the thread, you should try a factory reset and enter all your settings manually.

I once had problems with a 2012 Samsung TV connecting to 5Ghz WiFi because the WiFi channel was set to Auto and picked a high channel. Manually setting the channel to the low end of the range allowed the TV to connect (e.g. channel 36).

Chess, maybe I'm just old, but have you tried connecting your Samsung TV to the router directly using Ethernet? We located our RT-AC3200 directly to our Samsung TV using Cat7 (after many years my old, picky eyes perceive that Cat7 is better for 4KUltra streaming than using CAT6, but use what you like). We have several devices within 6 feet of the router and using Ethernet frees up WiFI for the tablets and devices too far to run a cable; it's made a heck of a difference. Disregard if it's irrelevant to your situation. Good luck and Cheers.

I once had problems with a 2012 Samsung TV connecting to 5Ghz WiFi because the WiFi channel was set to Auto and picked a high channel. Manually setting the channel to the low end of the range allowed the TV to connect (e.g. channel 36).
I had the same problem with my Amazon Fire TV, so it's worth trying this suggestion, just in case.

Also worth checking the bandwidth setting and whether any neighbour's wi-fi is interfering with your channels.

Well i did a factory reset on the router.. reset all my settings manually.. that didnt fix it..
wifi on the tv still didnt work..
I plugged in from my router to the tv... it connected fine.. which i know that works because my xbox is hard wired...no issues..
I did a factory reset on the tv.... came back reset everything... still wired no issues...
unplug the cat5e going to the tv... i then select wireless and boom it connects... VERY strange... but I will monitor this over the next couple of days.. strange indeed....

This is very good advice.

Here my apple devices are inconsistent on higher channels. Setting manually to channel 44 and they are rock solid. Here are my settings under Wireless that work best for me.

5GHZ

Control channel: 44 (manually set)
Channel bandwidth: 20/40/80 mhz

Under professional settings:

Airtime fairness: disabled (disabled by default in Merlin)
Universal beamforming: disabled (leave ac beamforming enabled)

2.4GHZ

Control channel: 6 (manually set)
Channel bandwidth: 20mhz (manually set)

Turbo QAM: disabled
Beamforming settings: disabled (both)

This is very good advice.

Here my apple devices are inconsistent on higher channels. Setting manually to channel 44 and they are rock solid. Here are my settings under Wireless that work best for me.

5GHZ

Control channel: 44 (manually set)
Channel bandwidth: 20/40/80 mhz

Universal beamforming: disabled (leave ac beamforming enabled)

2.4GHZ

Control channel: 6 (manually set)
Channel bandwidth: 20mhz (manually set)

Turbo QAM: disabled
Beamforming settings: disabled (both)

I just took that advice and did this to my router :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!