What's new

upgrade from d-link dir 825 first version to netgear wndr3700

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

reeves12

New Around Here
I currently own a d-link dir 825 the first version that came to market. I bought it based on the reviews of this site because of its high throughput. I didnt need a router for high distances because i live in a 1 bedroom appartment. I currently get about 80-90 mb throughput on its wireless in windows file transfer from my ts 459 pro nas. There are 2 problems for now with it. Next week i will have a 100mb connection that supports turbo boost feature and is capable to go up to 150mb in some cases.I use usenet and download 1080p movies of sizes larger than 10gb, usually 12-25 gb. On usenet i know that their connection will go over 100mb guaranteed so it will top off my internet connection. The d-link router cannot go at those speeds. The second prblem that i have is that i use file transfer alot to transfer files from the ts 459 to my notebook with file sizes larger than 10gb. Having just 80-90 mb file transfer speed takes a long time and would like an upgrade to it as fast as possible. i saw from the review that the wndr 3700 from netgear is pretty stable in terms of its wireless but i doesnt say what kind of speeds you get from file transfer. What speeds should i get from the wndr3700 in windows file transfer and from my internet connection. Does it go over 80-90 mb and by how much? One other usefull feature that i saw was its bandwidth meter and will come in handy especially because my isp is capping my internet connection to 250gb and i do download alot. Please som eone tell me how fast is the wndr 3700 wireless speed in windows file transfer wirelessly.

Look at the wireless benchmarks. That will tell you maximum wireless speed. In general, you will get well under 100 Mbps best case from 802.11n.