What's new

Upgrade from RT-N66U - Need traffic monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You don't need to do anything except not twist my words to further your own agenda.
My only "agenda" is to ensure that a device I own is compliant with local regulations.

Seriously, I'm asking how to make a device compliant with local regulations, and with few exceptions here, I'm being treated like a criminal-hacker.

Thanks to the FCCs ham-fisted regulations, and the manufacturers' failures to address them properly, this site is operating (quite probably through no fault of its admins/owners) in a way that does, in fact, have a chilling effect on freedom of speech and the free exchange of information.

If not for the FCCs regulations, and the threat/fear of legal consequences in its shadow, I could just ask these straightforward questions and get straightforward answers without any of this CYA crap about topics that can't be discussed, because "policy".

My first 3rd party router was an RT-N66U which I love, it was bought specifically to play with RMerlins firmware.

We all like to save money when we can. Personally, buying my routers locally to support local jobs and not have to worry about regions or returning faulty goods and equally important preventing a headache was far more important to me than saving a few pounds [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My only "agenda" is to ensure that a device I own is compliant with local regulations.

Seriously, I'm asking how to make a device compliant with local regulations, and with few exceptions here, I'm being treated like a criminal-hacker.

Thanks to the FCCs ham-fisted regulations, and the manufacturers' failures to address them properly, this site is operating (quite probably through no fault of its admins/owners) in a way that does, in fact, have a chilling effect on freedom of speech and the free exchange of information.

If not for the FCCs regulations, and the threat/fear of legal consequences in its shadow, I could just ask these straightforward questions and get straightforward answers without any of this CYA crap about topics that can't be discussed, because "policy".

You say the right words and concoct the correct sentences, yet this is not how you're coming across to me.

Rather, you show as pushy and yes, even rude. And seemingly unable to accept that you and I, as we all are, are merely guests on this forum run by the generosity of Tim Higgins, and sometimes the rules we wish were in place are not always the rules we need to follow.

Many have all correctly informed you of the rules and the reasons thereof, of this forum and your mistakes, herewith. Please stop disregarding them, and benefit in other ways the community here offers.

If you really believe the words you are saying after carefully re-reading all the information presented, then you know this is not the place to fix this issue. Neither is it limiting your search for information.

If you believe you have a better solution to WiFi co-existence, please present it to the appropriate official bodies. Otherwise, continue this discussion elsewhere.

Still recommending the RT-AC66U_B1. $97.00 on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Well, it's funny how things turned out.

My N66U's power-supply just died, so I went to local shop and picked up an AC68U. I paid full retail-price from an authorised seller.

So I find it odd that this unit is set up from the factory as a US version, with only 11 channels on 2.4Ghz. I'm really not impressed.

See the screenshots.

Out of the box:

Merlin:

US:

US:

Only 11 channels: