What's new

VPN connection failed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hakana90

New Around Here
I have purchased dsl-n66u and setup all settings as described on net including the ddns service and nat passthrough for pptp but i cant connect in anyway on any device such as win7 linux iphone.

I have realized something suspicious on network page. The wan ip is different than the real one (on whatsmyipaddress.com which means public ip) I dunno whether the problem is or not.

What am i supposed to do ?

I am digging the wan ip difference.I have learned that my wan ip that always has been given by the isp starts 100.64 block which means Carrier-grade NAT.Thus my real address is different than wan ip.So I'm stuck now, is there anyway to work vpn at this stituation? There must be some kind of solution, in my opinion.Because I'm using p2p applications like torrent

Last edited:
Things I've learned getting mine up...

The cell phone internal page does NOT change to indicate VPN success... I figure the first link (to the tower) never really changes. Search my ip or such to find ip view at other end - it will change.
Router VPN page will show when connected.
Mine needed DNS NOT auto, had to repeat Comcast DNS #s on router page.
Did not need any passthrough at all.

GL

Finally ,my isp stop giving 100.64 ips and start giving 62.29.50.x ips. Even though whatsmyipadress and wan ip (public ip) are the same, i have the same problem, i cant access any server service on my asus dsl-n66u device.What can i do to solve this ?