What's new

Instant Guard VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bvanma28

New Around Here
I just set up an edge router in front of my AX88U Pro, which caused my Asus IP address to become private and not allowing instant guard or DDNS to work. I tried to set up port forwarding on the edge router but it still is showing my Asus IP to be private. I'm not sure I'm doing it right but I tried to follow the set up from Asus. My internet is fiber to the edge router>cat5e to Asus routers, I had to run this set up to get a back haul for the mesh system (long story). I guess my questions are, does port forwarding work for instant guard and is my set up on my edge router port forwarding correct? My forward-to address is my 88U Pro. Thanks.

Image 10-10-23 at 1.45 PM.jpg

InstantGuard is just user friendly setup of IPSec VPN server. It requires public WAN IP address. You can set IPSec or OpenVPN Server manually though. DDNS has external WAN IP detection and works in double NAT. Disregard the message in Asuswrt, external WAN IP detection was implemented long time ago in 386 base firmware, but someone forgot to remove the message.