What's new

VPN settings page not displayed properly

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xxxGODxxx

New Around Here
Hi guys, I am running the latest version of the asuswrt merlin firmware (378.56_2) and my vpn server settings page cannot be displayed fully. I have tried running the official Asus firmware as well as an outdated firmware to see if the issue is due to the firmware but the issue still persists. Is this a known bug and is there any fix to it?

Attachments

• ac87u vpn issue 1.png
    ac87u vpn issue 1.png
    112.2 KB · Views: 572
  • ac87u vpn issue.png
    ac87u vpn issue.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 609
I've had this once, maybe twice, on my RT-AC68U. Is your NVRAM usage a high percentage of its total?

In my case, a restoration to factory default settings and then resetting all the settings cured the problem - possibly with a reduction of the size of my nvram, I can't fully remember. Since then, Merlin moved the OpenVPN keys and certificates from nvram to jffs and that significantly reduced the nvram loading.

After you reverted to the Asus stock firmware, did you restore to factory default settings? And did you also do so when you reverted back to Merlin's firmware?

I think you'll find a reset to factory default coupled with restoration of your settings will solve it.

Open your web browser's error console and look for any Javascript error. The line where the error occurs should tell you what is causing it to break.