What's new

wan aggregation function on ASUS router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vstevenphan

Occasional Visitor
Hi mate,
I'm using the ASUS AX58U router now. I know it has Dual WAN, but turning on DUAL WAN lead to many problems. Many services do not accept traffic from 2 IPs at the same time. I also do not how to solve this problem probably. I heard the latest model of ASUS has a higher end has WAN aggregation, which allows me to dial 2 PPPOE accounts to double my bandwidth but using 1 IP instead. I want to if I understand the idea of WAN aggregation here correctly. And how about other function like statistics, QOS stats, etc Do they work with WAN aggregation. I have to turn many functions off while using DUAL WAN.

I don't know of many (any?) consumer routers that can aggregate more than one ISP connection to be seen as one by the internal network devices.

The ISP either offers its own hardware for this type of employment or... it can't be done on consumer equipment.

All client devices require a single WAN connection for proper communications to the www.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!