What's new

What happened? See log file

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bertilak

Regular Contributor
A few minutes ago I could not log into My Merlin-enabled (384.19 ) RT-AC88U. The internet light on the front of the router was out and the Wifi connection between my laptop and the router had dropped. I was pondering the situation (was about to plug laptop directly in to my internet connection) when it all came back. I captured the log file and I can see that something happened (reboot?) but am not up to understanding much of what I see in the log.

Can some kind soul look at the attached log and tell me what happened? Is my router going bad?

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    472 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Unfortunately there's nothing useful in the log. In fact it looks like you've changed the syslog level so that it's suppressing most of the messages that may have been helpful.

change the log properties so we can identify the error!

Captura de tela de 2020-12-23 09-42-25.png

then forwards the log again after restarting the equipment

Yes, I did change the syslog level because the log was being swamped with messages that I learned here were due to a bug in ASUS's proprietary code. It seems the only choices are too many or too few log messages!

I have both "default message log level" and "log only messages more urgent than" set to "info."

Is there a better setting I should use?

EDIT: Thanks Rafael Viana. I did that.

Dec 23 07:48:40 rc_service: httpds 433:notify_rc restart_logger
Dec 23 07:48:40 syslogd exiting
Dec 23 07:48:41 syslogd started: BusyBox v1.25.1
Dec 23 07:48:41 kernel: klogd started: BusyBox v1.25.1 (2020-08-14 15:18:22 EDT)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!