What's new

wl command equivalent on newer ASUS models AX5700 - RT-AX86U pro?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wheel5up

New Around Here
I've replace my aging RT-AC68U with the RT-AX86U Pro. On the AC68 I could query the radio with wl commands
wl -i eth0 sta_info XXXXXX

What's the equivalent on the AX86U pro?

I'm pretty sure the wireless interfaces on the RT-AC68U were eth1 and eth2, not eth0 which was the WAN interface.

You can see the wireless interface names for your model with the following command. I'd guess that they're probably eth6 and eth7.
Code:
nvram get wl_ifnames

I'm pretty sure the wireless interfaces on the RT-AC68U were eth1 and eth2, not eth0 which was the WAN interface.

You can see the wireless interface names for your model with the following command. I'd guess that they're probably eth6 and eth7.
Code:
nvram get wl_ifnames
Got it. Thanks Colin. Assuming I get the IF right, what goes at the beginning of that line? wl is no longer valid on the is new router.

I didn't realise you don't have the wl command. The modern replacement for that would be dhd but I don't think it provides that sort of information.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!