What's new

When the New Firmware for AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

karateca

Regular Contributor
Hi, i want know when lauch the new firmware for AC87U, past i think 2 mouth and i dont see new update for this router. Stop working for this router?, if can any mod the last firmware for this, cuz i see have support now for triple-wlan and the 380.57 dont have, sorry for my bad english, i wating for this cuz then i can leave the modem of Company and can use just the ac87u alone, and dont need to script for emulate triple-wlan, thx for all.

Hi, i want know when lauch the new firmware for AC87U, past i think 2 mouth and i dont see new update for this router. Stop working for this router?, if can any mod the last firmware for this, cuz i see have support now for triple-wlan and the 380.57 dont have, sorry for my bad english, i wating for this cuz then i can leave the modem of Company and can use just the ac87u alone, and dont need to script for emulate triple-wlan, thx for all.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/greetings-from-backstage.29772/

Don't ask me. Asus hasn't released any new source code for that router for a few months, so there's nothing new for me to release.

And if two months without a new firmware is so bad for you, you better not look at other firmware projects that release one or two firmware per year...

I don't know if the OP was asking Eric directly, but obviously the release of a new firmware is not up to him! Asus didn't release any new firmware (even beta) or GPL for the AC87 for a long time... Basically, with the release of new routers, the AC87 is not priority anymore!
The OP, such as many others (including me), are starting to show frustration about Asus not showing much concern know about the issues that this model still faces, and for us, consumers, that is the worse!

Official Asus firmware right now is 3.0.0.4.378.9460, dated 12/29/2015. That is pretty fresh considering it is OEM. Asus used to have much longer periods between releases. Like RMerlin said, that is very good compared to other firmware update/upgrade cycles. Complain to Asus if you feel there are still unaddressed issues with this model.