1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Why was my ac86u unresponsive?

Discussion in 'ASUSWRT - Official' started by badbob001, Nov 22, 2019.

1. badbob001

badbob001 Occasional Visitor

I noticed that my internet connectivity was slower or inconsistent and so I went to login to the web portal of my ac86u and it takes at least ten minutes to get to the login screen and was stuck waiting after that. I tried ssh instead and it also took a very long time but it eventually got me to a prompt. I managed to run 'top' and grabbed the following screenshot.
    [​IMG]

Does anyone see what could be wrong? Is my CPU pegged because I see SYS at 66.8% and 32.7% for IO. This is my internet router and I have AiProtection and Traffic Analyzer running.

I tried a reboot command and it was ignored after many minutes. I ended up having to manually power cycle the router.

2. L&LD

L&LD Part of the Furniture

Are you using amtm and/or Diversion (with large list) and/or the Skynet scripts? You may want to turn off AiProtection then or use a smaller list. ;)

3. ColinTaylor

ColinTaylor Part of the Furniture

I think people have similar problems caused by AiProtection. I suspect it's something to do with attempting to download signature updates, but I could be wrong about that.

4. badbob001

badbob001 Occasional Visitor

The only thing on that list would be AiProtection. I'm not using any scripts. Not sure if it would help, but I've just disable Parental Controls. I could give up Traffic Analyzer, but I think definitely need Network Protection.