What's new

Asus RT-AX53U. Tell me how to mount back a USB device via SSH that was disabled programmatically. 3.0.0.4.386_68691

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mxuper

New Around Here
Hello, there is a router with stock firmware Asus RT-AX53U
I connected a USB device (Webcam, which has a built-in battery), everything works, it is also used as a video storage location, it is connected to the FTP server application. There is an unusual task, sometimes you need to turn off the Flash device so that it can be recharged via USB, because during operation, the device does not charge. Programmatically, via the Web interface, it turns out to remove (disconnect) the USB device and the battery starts charging. But then, in order for this device to start working again in normal mode, you have to manually remove the USB cable from the router and insert it back. I would like not to manually remove and plug the cable back, but somehow programmatically mount the USB device back, for example, turn off the USB power.

When disconnecting the device via the Web interface and entering the command via SSH: mount The device is not visible in the list for connection Also, the device is not visible using: fdisk -l
And there is no device in the folder: dev
That is, it is not clear how to connect it back without removing and inserting the cable back? On some forum I saw a message that using the hotplug2 command, you can somehow do this, https://www.snbforums.com/threads/how-to-remount-an-ejected-usb-harddrive.16542/
but I don't really understand how to do it. I also found information somewhere that you can turn off the power from USB and then turn it on again. But something also did not drive how to do it in the router via SSH Therefore, please help.

List of Device before Unmont Via Web Interface

Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_14.jpg

List of devices after Unmount Via Web Interface
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg
Router Info
Linux RT-AX53U-0F08 4.4.198 #1 SMP Tue Mar 28 02:15:48 CST 2023 mips ASUSWRT RT-AX53U

Did you try what I suggested in that other thread?

You just type that in the SSH command line.

Did you try what I suggested in that other thread?

You just type that in the SSH command line.
I try command:
Code:
/sbin/hotplug2
Console Log:
Code:
[sighandler]: No more events to be processed, quitting.
[cleanup]: Waiting for children.
[cleanup]: All children terminated.
and the device in the web interface is also not connected:
Screenshot_4.jpg

also the device did not appear in the Dev folder
Screenshot_5.jpg

I solved problem
Not all USB devices can be reconnected with the hotplug2 command.
Works with USB Flash disk only

I solved problem
Not all USB devices can be reconnected with the hotplug2 command.
Works with USB Flash disk only
That good news. So how did you solve the problem if hotplug2 wasn't working for your webcam?

I just tried to do the same with a flash drive and the hotplug2 command works fine
I did not solve the problem with Webcam... Unfortunately
The hotplug2 command cannot solve the problem with more complex devices,
devices that, in USB connection mode, start charging their own battery (in this case, it becomes possible to use their internal memory for downloading videos), and after disconnecting from USB, they start recording to internal memory
In my case, it is required somehow using the SSH command to completely turn off the power from the USB interface and then turn it on again, but I don’t know how to do it.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!