What's new

WiFi, Network dead over Night

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TCoreX

Regular Contributor
Hello, I don't know how to describe it, but for 2 days my network has started to stop working in the evening or at night. I didn't change anything during this time and before that I had no problems. I can reach OpenVPN, but can only reach the user interface with it and otherwise no internet works. When you restart, the whole thing runs back to the starting point, in the evening / night. what could be the problem?

I can't reach more than the user interface with OpenVPN on the go and at home there is no internet in the evening or at night, I have to restart for 2 days

Look in the router's system log for the cause. If it's not apparent you will have to describe how you have your router configured.

You could schedule a daily reboot to keep things running until you track down the real issue.

You could schedule a daily reboot to keep things running until you track down the real issue.
Err..to the OP, be careful with scheduling any rebooting on your RT-AC86U, this is the only model that is very much prone to hanging in any kind of "soft" reboot. A true power off/on reboot is the only way to insure that the reboot completes. Multiple threads mention this problem.

Last edited:
be careful with scheduling any rebooting on your RT-AC86U
True. Although I've read about that potential issue, I forgot as I don't have that model myself. Thanks for pointing it out.