What's new

Wired LAN only Captive Portal Suggestions Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

arlo

New Around Here
I need help setting up a RT-N66U flashed with the latest Tomatousb firmware.
Is it possible to configure a single wired LAN port only to be on the captive portal?
I would like to keep WLAN open to the public and private network and bypass the cp.

Is this at all possible?

i am working for a small library with a ubiquiti ap pro. there is a wired hp laser printer. with the ap in guest mode isolation is such that the public cannot use the printer. ubiquiti has been a little help. so far nothing has worked. i have just received the asus router and flashed it, custom splash page is done and cp is running.

because a cp with isolation is necessary, i have opted to use the ap in normal mode. this lets me ping the printer. and use the router wireless for administration usage with a stiff key. and use the router for cp authorization when a guest logs into wifi. i can get the rest. administrators need to be able access shared folders between themselves.

basically:
ap>router port>captive portal/printer lan port>wan port>d-link firewall>public internet
router wireless>wan port>d-link firewall>public internet

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!