What's new

XT8 remote logging

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

trek

Occasional Visitor
Has anyone tried remote logging feature with XT8? I configured remote syslog server but XT8 is not sending logs over there.
I tested server, it is accepting logging but XT8 does nothing.

It would be nice if it worked, because I have configured log viewer and I could drill trough logs in longer time periods than what XT8 is offering in web interface.

Has anyone tried remote logging feature with XT8?
Yup, works great for me. There's not much to be done on the XT8 other than put the logging server's IP address into the appropriate field. If it's not working for you, then you probably have a configuration problem on the logging server, ie the XT8 is sending messages but the server is dropping them on the floor.

Are you sure rsyslogd is actually running on the logging server? Have you poked a hole in the server's firewall for port 514/UDP? Is rsyslogd configured to accept traffic from the XT8 and send it to the file you want?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!