What's new

Xt8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Czerdrill

Occasional Visitor
Are there any recommended settings anyone can share the the xt8. I have gig internet but on my node i only get 350 Mbps and close to the router i get around 600.

Is that normal or is there something i can check to improve the speed.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

That’s pretty similar to what I get with my XT8 system. You have to be within line-of-sight and very near the access point to see high speeds. At typical distances, 350 Mbps or so seems reasonable.

I, too, would be interested to hear if there’s anything that we can do to boost speeds, but I think that in practice, what we’re seeing is likely about all that the system is capable of achieving. I saw very similar performance with my Orbi AX system.

I pretty much experienced the same speeds with my XT8 but I’m no longer using it because of instability issues. I’ve got a 5ghz band that for some reason every couple of hours drops to 150-200 mbps and it won’t come back without a reboot. I’ve reset this thing a dozen times, reloaded firmware, you name it. I get better performance from my RT-AX58U running Merlin. If next firmware update doesn’t fix it it’s going back. By the way 25524 firmware is a mess also.

I pretty much experienced the same speeds with my XT8 but I’m no longer using it because of instability issues. I’ve got a 5ghz band that for some reason every couple of hours drops to 150-200 mbps and it won’t come back without a reboot. I’ve reset this thing a dozen times, reloaded firmware, you name it. I get better performance from my RT-AX58U running Merlin. If next firmware update doesn’t fix it it’s going back. By the way 25524 firmware is a mess also.
I am with @digits n bits on this one. I have 50ish devices at home and none of them run better than 200mpbs, but I only have 2 ax devices, so not surprised. XT8 seems to have lots of instability issues at the moment, I really hope firmware will fix most of them soon.
My old RT66U on Merlin code has been best thing since DD-WRT on a Linksys years ago. I am just hopeful that Asus (or Merlin) will step in and fix the random issues on the Xt8 system.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!