What's new

zen wifi xt12 slow internet speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Paul Ryan

Regular Contributor
Hi, I purchased a 2 pack xt12 pro about 2-3 weeks ago, when I originally set it up I was getting my full 1gig speed but after a couple of days it's dropped to around 450, I use wifi but even wired I still only get 500, can anybody help? I've tried rebooting several times and nothing changed

Seems like something you might want to take up with Asus. If you're running their firmware. There's a "feedback" tab within the webgui, where you can report issues. Report it, and let them know the issue. The type of issue you mentioned isn't something anyone here can likely help with. That's why I mention reporting the issue to Asus.

Seems like something you might want to take up with Asus. If you're running their firmware. There's a "feedback" tab within the webgui, where you can report issues. Report it, and let them know the issue. The type of issue you mentioned isn't something anyone here can likely help with. That's why I mention reporting the issue to Asus.
thank you for the suggestion, would a reset help?

Before you perform a reset, I'd have a look in the WiFi info on whatever devices you have the problem with and make sure they are not connecting to the 2.4GHz WiFi. If they are, then you may need to take action that forces clients onto the 5GHz bands.
How would you do that? Have different SSIDs on the bands, or drop the power on the 2.4GHz a notch or two (Wireless>Professional settings), if that's a sensible thing to do. Or you can play around blocking specific MAC addresses from specific bands (problematic in some circumstances).

Before you perform a reset, I'd have a look in the WiFi info on whatever devices you have the problem with and make sure they are not connecting to the 2.4GHz WiFi. If they are, then you may need to take action that forces clients onto the 5GHz bands.
How would you do that? Have different SSIDs on the bands, or drop the power on the 2.4GHz a notch or two (Wireless>Professional settings), if that's a sensible thing to do. Or you can play around blocking specific MAC addresses from specific bands (problematic in some circumstances).
the problem is also present with the lan ports

the problem is also present with the lan ports
Yeah that's why I suggested letting ASUS know. Might want to let them know what kind of NIC you're using as well. Curious have you been able to achieve higher speeds without this Asus device? Also what kind of WAN setup are you using?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!