What's new

Zenwifi Pro XT12 2.4GHz wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rsnhakan

Regular Contributor
Hi,

i do have a question. Some of my 2,4GHz devices can’t find the 2,4GHz network of my all new XT12. In one review I read this was a known situation.

does anyone know why? Settings are the same as in my old XT8. No wpa 3.

Not sure it helps per se, but I have a couple of Windows 10 devices that can't see an SSID on a new ET12 2.4GHz network.
One is a laptop (old dell XPS 13) that dual boots into Mint and same hardware with Mint sees the network fine and connects so it's definitely not the laptop hardware it's the OS.
Looking at a couple of threads on Microsoft site suggest there are known issues there too with Win 10 following updates. So far none of the suggestions I've found have helped me.
Unf I am new to Asus routers, so I'm stumbling through a lot of this as I learn but if they are Windows devices it might be worth checking out the network settings.

Well, fixed the Dell, despite Microsoft and Intel automatic driver checkers telling me it was the latest driver, it wasn't.
Downloaded manually (from the Intel site !??), updated and it's seeing the new network SSIDs now.

@rappel I disabled Wifi 6 on the 2.4GHz band and for now it’s working again. Since I don’t need all the latest tech on that band, it’s fine like this.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!