What's new

Zyxel Armor Z2 AC2600 MU-MIMO Dual-Band Gigabit Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mediatrek

Regular Contributor
armor_z2_speed_ac2600.jpg

While Zyxel has yet to issue a press release, the Armor Z2 (model# NBG6817) appeared a few days ago on its site for Home Routers.

Zyxel on the product’s page touts its premium casing design with a “metal look,” and optimized “4 inlet / 4 outlet air flow” design to let cool air circulate through the chassis, then allow the hot air to exit without being recirculated into the router. Other highlights include:
  • It will offer up to 2600 Mbps of combined wireless speeds with the Qualcomm IPQ8065 1.7 GHz dual-core processor at its’ heart.

• It comes with 512MB of RAM, and 4GB eMMC Flash Storage for router applications such as the included Qualcomm Streamboost technology.

• Four fine-tuned dual-band adjustable external antennas offering “500 m2 coverage” (5382 square feet).

• Out-of-the-box 802.11ac WAVE2 MU-MIMO support. Plus support for 160 MHz channel bandwidth.

• MyZyxel Cloud with 2 USB ports (1 USB 2.0, 1 USB 3.0). CrystalDiskMark testing showed read speeds reached 94Mb/s and write speeds of 50 Mb/s.

• Zyxel’s eaZy123 setup, Zyxel One Connect App support, and Zyxel Photo.

• A Usage monitor that allows you “to view the home network bandwidth utilization by applications, clients.”

• Free DNS to “remotely manage your router, run a website, share files, and much more with a free and easy to remember DDNS address.”

• Guest Wi-Fi

• Wireless scheduling
  • Wireless output power management
You can get more information on this product by visiting http://www.zyxel.com/us/en/products_services/armor_z2.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Marketing wise reminds me on http://www.greyhoundrouter.com
Fighter-jets, dramatic, metallic, bladibla... Getting too old for this.

But the online user manual is impressive. One of the best I have seen so far, for these kind of puber devices.

Specs says it has Stateful Packet Inspection. I wonder what the possibility of its having the same firewall package as the USG series?
if so, I could be interested.

Specs says it has Stateful Packet Inspection. I wonder what the possibility of its having the same firewall package as the USG series?
if so, I could be interested.
Most all today's routers have SPI firewalls. This router does not have UTM features.

is this router armoured? Is it bullet proof? Do the wifi signals travel at supersonic speeds rather than light speed? That seems like a big slow down :p .

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!