What's new

[Alpha] Preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.61

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

i never got more then 8 hours online....I think that will cancel subscription at my ISP and live without it....too many problems in recent months....:(
You have disconnections problems you said, every days... and you think its a fw version or router .Have you tried for just 1 days or 2 if you got disconnections?Modem directly to PC

You have disconnections problems you said, every days... and you think its a fw version or router .Have you tried for just 1 days or 2 if you got disconnections?Modem directly to PC
if i connect direct to ISP modem then it is all ok....i try almost everything, changed ISP modem three times then tested with asus rt-ac68u and rt-ac3200...no solution for now....didn't test yet with 380.61 firmware because i have rt-ac3200 and waiting for firmware...

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

Alpha 1: So far so good,m RT-ac66 Wireless Bridged (5ghz connection at 1300) to the AP RT-ac68. No issues at all thus far

if i connect direct to ISP modem then it is all ok....i try almost everything, changed ISP modem three times then tested with asus rt-ac68u and rt-ac3200...no solution for now....didn't test yet with 380.61 firmware because i have rt-ac3200 and waiting for firmware...

Have you tried in WAN section to set" DHCP query frequency " to normal? just an idea, not sure if that can help

Did you try any non Asus router? Perhaps cheap TP-Link just to see where the problem is.

I also don't want to say too early but after flashing 380.61_alpha1 from stock 3831 and doing factory reset, I can't see as many issues with WAN DHCP as previously and the issues I had can't be blamed on Asus for sure as I was not at home to check it. Merlin doesn't touch WAN and his Alpha1 is based on 3831 so, maybe it was factory reset that helped? Perhaps you should try yourself.

No "WAN Connection: ISP's DHCP did not function properly." messages since the 19th. I installed it on the 19th but on the 20th I had a power outage and had to power cycle the cable modem and router so there is a lot of crap in the logs related to that. But, I haven't received this message without any reason.

The times my internet has been sluggish since the 19th seems to have been more related to problems with Level 3 packet loss which Cox is connected to. In any event I did not get this message during those times.

Also during this time my cable modem levels have become much better, so perhaps Cox has been doing something "out there". That or I put one of my Coax cables around the jack and splitter into a sweet spot LOL.

RMerlin,
I've been following your threads off and on for a few years as I started reading through them right as the AC66U(which I bought) was coming to market and I was trying to figure out which new router I wanted to purchase. It's clear that your understanding of the ASUS router lineup is amazingly broad and I appreciate your willingness to contribute to everyone with your updates.

I picked up an AC68R from my local Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago for $75.00 new in the wrapper in the clearance section. It had very old firmware on it which I auto updated through the factory Asus UI. Now running 3.0.0.4.380_3831

Since the update I've been having issues with the internet connection dropping for about two to three minutes at a time several times a day since the update of the firmware. I've had some instances where it's even more frequent, like three times in an hour but the connection re-establishes a in a minute to a minute and a half. The connection to the router/LAN stays in place when this occurs, it's only my connection to the web that's dropping. I am running a publicly viewable guest network and a private full network. Both are designated to run on the 2.4 & 5 GHz bands. Cable Modem for what it's worth.

I'm looking at updating my firmware to the 380.61 update you've provided in hopes that it may resolve my connection issue. That said, I'm wondering if a "factory reset" would get the job done and frankly I'd like to see your walk through/description on how to do a factory reset the right way(manual vs through the UI) if you have one as I suspect I'd need to do one once I upgrade the firmware to 380.61 .

Any advice or thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Performed another factory reset through the UI while still running 380_3831 and so far I've maintained connection when I would have previously experienced internet access issues.

RMerlin,
I've been following your threads off and on for a few years as I started reading through them right as the AC66U(which I bought) was coming to market and I was trying to figure out which new router I wanted to purchase. It's clear that your understanding of the ASUS router lineup is amazingly broad and I appreciate your willingness to contribute to everyone with your updates.

I picked up an AC68R from my local Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago for $75.00 new in the wrapper in the clearance section. It had very old firmware on it which I auto updated through the factory Asus UI. Now running 3.0.0.4.380_3831

Since the update I've been having issues with the internet connection dropping for about two to three minutes at a time several times a day since the update of the firmware. I've had some instances where it's even more frequent, like three times in an hour but the connection re-establishes a in a minute to a minute and a half. The connection to the router/LAN stays in place when this occurs, it's only my connection to the web that's dropping. I am running a publicly viewable guest network and a private full network. Both are designated to run on the 2.4 & 5 GHz bands. Cable Modem for what it's worth.

I'm looking at updating my firmware to the 380.61 update you've provided in hopes that it may resolve my connection issue. That said, I'm wondering if a "factory reset" would get the job done and frankly I'd like to see your walk through/description on how to do a factory reset the right way(manual vs through the UI) if you have one as I suspect I'd need to do one once I upgrade the firmware to 380.61 .

Any advice or thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Here is some info that should help: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

:( I'm checking this thread 3-4 times a day and everyday for my RT-AC3200 build.
My WAN got disconnected very often. Not sure because of WAN code bug or not.
Hope that it will fix the issue.

:( I'm checking this thread 3-4 times a day and everyday for my RT-AC3200 build.
My WAN got disconnected very often. Not sure because of WAN code bug or not.
Hope that it will fix the issue.

I think that's good. Us on mips-based users, at least N66, didn't have a 380.6 beta and now Merlin has time to commit for our few older routers that may not get as much love in the near future. This is an important release for Asus and it really needs to be rock solid.

I'm uploading new builds. I managed to hack things up so some of the older binary blobs can be used with the current GPL code. Those builds are mostly untested however (I only tested the RT-AC88U one), so make sure you have a working firmware at hand to flash back in case these Frankenbuilds fail.

Please let me know if these work for you (AC56, AC88, AC3100 and AC5300).

I'm uploading new builds. I managed to hack things up so some of the older binary blobs can be used with the current GPL code. Those builds are mostly untested however (I only tested the RT-AC88U one), so make sure you have a working firmware at hand to flash back in case these Frankenbuilds fail.

AC3100 and AC66U builds "380.61 alpha2" work without issue so far. I am using AC3100 as a Router and the AC66U as a Repeater, I like the new RSSI signal info when in repeater mode
eb06f0abaedb95771e49197f455d1070.png

(and the nice picture of my AC3100 in the client list).

I installed it on my AC5300 with no problems at all. It actually appears to be a bit faster.

Thank you very much...

I noticed there was a alpha2 build for the n66u, flashed and working better than 380.59 that's for sure. No reset...