What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.62_1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I detect a little bug : when you try to edit a VPN PPTP acount , the field's names are not according to what they are supposed to design : asking for network/hostIP and netmask instead of name/password .

Everything seems to work except editing in the dhcp list and overview of clients in Network map. Some in the forum says the editing works but i think that this only Works after factory reset and readding clients manually and the after upgradin fw issue comes back. Can it really be so? Should i not be able to edit client info after fw upgrade?
If this is the case is there any way besides installing settings backup file to readd all settings without creating issues. It is alot of work imho to readd all settings manually. Sorry for sounding annoyed. RMerlin, once more thanks for all your hard work.

Running a ac88u with .62

Last edited:
Updated my RT-AC87U, everything seems to be working great.

Thanks again Eric for your amazing work. Running great on my AC56U!

Long live the AC56U:)

The OpenSSL has a critical flaw again:

This issue only affects OpenSSL 1.0.2i, released on 22nd September 2016.

A bug fix which included a CRL sanity check was added to OpenSSL 1.1.0
but was omitted from OpenSSL 1.0.2i. As a result any attempt to use
CRLs in OpenSSL 1.0.2i will crash with a null pointer exception.

OpenSSL 1.0.2i users should upgrade to 1.0.2j

https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv/20160926.txt

Updated my AC68U from 380.61 to 380.62 (no reset to defaults) and it's working great. Thanks RMerlin!

The OpenSSL has a critical flaw again:

This issue only affects OpenSSL 1.0.2i, released on 22nd September 2016.

A bug fix which included a CRL sanity check was added to OpenSSL 1.1.0
but was omitted from OpenSSL 1.0.2i. As a result any attempt to use
CRLs in OpenSSL 1.0.2i will crash with a null pointer exception.

OpenSSL 1.0.2i users should upgrade to 1.0.2j

https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv/20160926.txt

At a first glance, I wouldn't worry too much about this. To be exploited, it would require that a) you use a publicly emitted certificate, b) that certificate would use a CRL to check for revokation (AFAIK, most providers have switched to OCSP), c) someone would have to compromise the server providing the CRL

That's based on my understanding as to how CRL works.

At a first glance, I wouldn't worry too much about this. To be exploited, it would require that a) you use a publicly emitted certificate, b) that certificate would use a CRL to check for revokation (AFAIK, most providers have switched to OCSP), c) someone would have to compromise the server providing the CRL

That's based on my understanding as to how CRL works.
That's comforting to know, thanks. :D

Hi, Thanks for your Firm @RMerlin Currently i had installed last stock firm Asus on rt ac68u. how should i install it Version firmware ? any howto ?

thanks a lot.

I detect a little bug : when you try to edit a VPN PPTP acount , the field's names are not according to what they are supposed to design : asking for network/hostIP and netmask instead of name/password .

I see that too, both on an RT-AC3100 at home and an RT-AC66R at my office. And the box title reads, "Static Route (Optional)."

It's normal. It's not the most intuitive design, but this is how Asus allows you to specify an optional IP address to allocate to a new client. That popup isn't meant to edit the username/password, but to provide this optional information.

Second time in 2 days my computer has lost access to the internet and I had to reboot my AC1900P to get it to work again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flashed this over _58 on N66. No reboot and seems to be working perfect. I did not expect my stupidity to pay-off so well.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!