What's new

RT-AC87U_3.0.0.4_378_4950

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No problem whatsoever with this build, no AiProtection false positives so far. No disconnection or hanging. A keeper here.

What's the easiest way to tell what kind of speed your wifi connection is on a pc? DD-wrt shows you.

What's the easiest way to tell what kind of speed your wifi connection is on a pc? DD-wrt shows you.

System logs -> Wireless Log. Note however that this is the link rate, which will vary based on the actual activity (link rate might go down when there's no traffic, due to power management kicking in).

Has anyone noticed reduce range on 2.4 Ghz band?
Also i would like to point out that performance of 5Ghz band diminishes after few days of running and router needs to be powered off and back on in order to get back to fast speeds..

Nope and nope here. I admit we don't use 2.4Ghz much here and the signal is good throughout with an AC87 router and a 2nd acting as AP, but no problems at all and InSSIDer, for sure shows the same signal strength.

5Ghz working well here with 12 13 days of uptime since I was messing around after installing 4950. Currently getting 400mb/s actual file transfer rate between laptop and wired PC - as good as it was day one.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!